Home

Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
Previous  1, 2

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Report offensive ad

cookielady

Post Posted: Fri, May 16 2008, 10:20 am       Post subject: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
When in doubt throw it out!

Clarissa

Post Posted: Fri, May 16 2008, 10:21 am       Post subject: Re: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
cookielady wrote:
When in doubt throw it out!
If it's not smelling bad and has no mold upon it, you might go and eat it, but it might make you vomit.

(I don't think they should eat the soup, but I can't resist an opportunity to rhyme)

cassandra

Post Posted: Fri, May 16 2008, 12:33 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
happyone wrote:
So did you make new chicken soup, or are you planning to have the entire family home next week with a stomach virus?

I'm going to throw it out. Another reason why I thought it might be ok is because it was in a very cold refrigerator all week that had not been opened (in my garage, nothing else in it.) I also had a theory that the soup itself may preserve the chicken and the vegetables. But you all win, I'm getting rid of it.

And I ordered Chinese food for Shabbos dinner.

MiracleMama

Post Posted: Fri, May 16 2008, 12:44 pm       Post subject: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
I'd throw it out without a doubt. Old left-overs scare me.

On the other hand my mother is the type who would still eat it after 2 weeks in the fridge (making the claim that her fridge is extra cold) and neither she nor my father have ever gotten sick from food poisoning, so....?

chocolate moose

Post Posted: Sat, May 17 2008, 9:35 pm       Post subject:
cassandra, what did you decide to do? right after shabbos I put the soup in the freezer !

cassandra

Post Posted: Sat, May 17 2008, 9:47 pm       Post subject: re: Can I freeze chicken soup I made last Thursday?
Quote:

I'm going to throw it out. Another reason why I thought it might be ok is because it was in a very cold refrigerator all week that had not been opened (in my garage, nothing else in it.) I also had a theory that the soup itself may preserve the chicken and the vegetables. But you all win, I'm getting rid of it.

And I ordered Chinese food for Shabbos dinner.
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2