Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Lag B'Omer Stories
Previous  1  2

Zus

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 12:33 pm
In my 'previous life', I was completely off the derech. The guy I was with, was not jewish and he even had another girlfriend simultaneously with whom he had a child. He practiced wicca, and until today I believe that he put a hex on me that made it impossible for me to leave him.
Even though I knew it was a very bad situation and I would never be really happy with the guy, I could not make myself break up with him. It was just impossible. And intellectually I couldn't understand why I couldn't break up with him. It was as if there was a physical line between us, a bond, tying us together.

That year, my cousin (chareidi family) turned 3, and they were going to do his upsherin in Meron. I had no desire to come along. We weren't living in Israel at the time, but my whole family, mother, aunt, grandmother, were going to make the trip.
At the time, I was chatting online a lot and 2 weeks or so before Lag Baomer I started talking to a guy in Israel who sounded interesting. So interesting in fact, that I decided suddenly to come to Israel too together with my family. I told them I had changed my mind and wanted to come to the upsherin after all LOL
We had a big internet meeting planned for the day after Lag Baomer.

We went up the mountain in Meron, and went to a field that was a bit more up from the actual grave. From there we had a great view. We could see and hear the chassidim sing and dance without a break. It was truly mesmerizing! I was watching them as hypnotized, and all of a sudden I felt *SNAP*! The bond between me and my bad boyfriend was gone.

The next day I went to the meeting and met a whole bunch of people, among others that interesting israeli guy. He invited me over to his work the next day, then he invited me home to meet his doggie, then he invited me for shabat. On saturday night we decided to get married.
We just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary Smile

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 12:38 pm
Zus, that's so beautiful. I'm crying.

mandksima

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 3:05 pm
Zus, WOW! That gave me chills...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics