Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Asd support group
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 2:37 pm
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Im having a terrible terrible day with my aon with Asd.

Someone please tell me theyr with me.
I keep having bathroom breaks to have a cry.

I'm with you. It's a nightmare! A crazy roller coaster. Do you want to give more details? Sometimes it helps to share.

The support group should be opening next week.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 2:44 pm
The language he uses is terrible.
I know people would cringe if they heard. But pick your battle.
Hr was physical towards me the past few days.
which is worst.

Its horrible .
I dont even have the right consequences.
The slightest blip in his system sets him off.
I cant run in front of him preparing and perfecting every move.
Its so exhausting.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 2:49 pm
The reaction after yomtov is a nightmare. His system is probably totally upside down right now. The constant stress of being one step ahead is a total killer. Can you take a few hours off?

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 2:51 pm
I posted on this forum many times about my high functioning ASD child. I have taken parenting classes already and working with a therapist and was still at my wits end. about a week ago after doing tons of research on imamother I came across the nurtured heart approach. I actually was bumping up the threads but didn’t hear back from anyone about the various courses that are being offered now so I decided to get the book from the library by Howard Glasser and literally in the past two days and not even finishing reading the book I’ve seen a massive improvement in my son. The approach is very similar to parenting classes but something about the intensity makes it perfect for my son and he’s been responding amazing. At this point I’m all in on going through parenting class on nurtured heart You may wanna look into that.

Surrendered

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 3:00 pm
I am eligible to join this support group. HF-ASD-DS. Please keep me posted when a support group is forming.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 3:29 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
I posted on this forum many times about my high functioning ASD child. I have taken parenting classes already and working with a therapist and was still at my wits end. about a week ago after doing tons of research on imamother I came across the nurtured heart approach. I actually was bumping up the threads but didn’t hear back from anyone about the various courses that are being offered now so I decided to get the book from the library by Howard Glasser and literally in the past two days and not even finishing reading the book I’ve seen a massive improvement in my son. The approach is very similar to parenting classes but something about the intensity makes it perfect for my son and he’s been responding amazing. At this point I’m all in on going through parenting class on nurtured heart You may wanna look into that.

And I did comment that I know a frum trainer with over 20 years of expirience who has dealt with many many kids with ASD before.

Its okay if you don't want to do the private sessions route (although she is Israeli so prices are cheaper since the going rate in Israel is less I believe) but I want to repost about it here.

She's worked with kids just like you describe.

ChumHen

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 4:09 pm
struggling with some members of this diagnosis. need support desperately

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 4:16 pm
I like to join if it I can be anonymous
How can I get info about it

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 4:38 pm
Any mom of HFA toddler who would like to connect via WhatsApp? I’m looking for someone who can relate to me and can share my experiences with.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 4:57 pm
no I have teenage

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 5:10 pm
I just spoke to the web designer, the site should be up and running next week.

In the meantime, anyone who wants to join the Slack support group straight can email hfautismformoms@gmail.com and we will enter you into the group. You will receive all details plus a privacy policy on Thursday and the group will be up and running by then.

The service is currently free, for women only. (Hoping to run a similar group for men soon.) We will be running training sessions from experts starting in a few weeks and there will be a small charge for those sessions to cover costs, no commitment.

You are welcome to create an anonymous name and email account to join the group. BUT I reserve the right to query any suspicious activity or behavior and ban any user who is misusing the group in any way.

Looking forward to seeing you all! (and to finally be able to share the burden.)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 7:53 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Any mom of HFA toddler who would like to connect via WhatsApp? I’m looking for someone who can relate to me and can share my experiences with.

Mine are 5 year old twins if that helps you.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)