Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Baltimore community

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 26 2022, 8:32 pm
I saw an advertisement about Baltimore houses. Can anyone tell me more about it? Is it for really yeshivish/classidish families?
If we are jpf/little to the right would we fit in? How are the services in schools?
Do you need 2 cars to get around? Tia

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 4:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
I saw an advertisement about Baltimore houses. Can anyone tell me more about it? Is it for really yeshivish/classidish families?
If we are jpf/little to the right would we fit in? How are the services in schools?
Do you need 2 cars to get around? Tia

Are you asking specifically about the housing you saw advertised, or about Baltimore as a whole?

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 7:46 pm
where is the ad?
if you link it, then we can see where it is and tell you more about it.
You need a car, maybe two if you are both working at a distance from your home. My friend manages with one car beacuse her husband works a 5 minute walk from their house.

mha3484

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 8:08 pm
What kind of services?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 9:03 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
Are you asking specifically about the housing you saw advertised, or about Baltimore as a whole?

The housing and community of the upper heights I believe it said. The full page ad in the BP view

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 9:04 pm
mha3484 wrote:
What kind of services?

Speech, Ot and early intervention

mha3484

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 9:09 pm
I live somewhere else but special frum moms on facebook has a lot of women from baltimore and special ed services seem to not be great based on their experiences.

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 9:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Speech, Ot and early intervention

Schools in Baltimore don't provide these services. You get them from a therapy provider. I don't know what early intervention is.

advocate

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:20 pm
In the frum schools, the public school system provides ot, pt, and speech.

In the city, there is a frum coordinator for early intervention.

These services are definitely provided at a lower frequency than in NY

There are many other benefits, however. Please feel free to pm me.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:34 pm
Can someone post a picture of this ad? I live in Baltimore and I’m curious to see what they are talking about. I assume it’s for the chasidish community here..?

justforfun87

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 11:19 pm
Services are very very limited in Baltimore in the Jewish schools.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 10:08 am
Baltimore is a diverse community. Unless you told us a street/address, it's hard for us to tell you information about the area. Again it's a diverse community, so you may find a yeshivish person living next door to a MO person. But there are some areas/blocks that are "more yeshivish" and some that are "more MO".

My daughter got PT via early intervention. It was via the city and I didn't pay anything. The process of getting an evaluation, approval, and starting does take time.

Later she needed speech. I didn't get evaluated through the city because it was during covid and they were only doing speech via zoom. We did it through an agency (in playgroup we had to go to their site, but in preschool, they came to school) and paid through insurance. I do know someone who did the same through Medicaid and it was fully covered. Depending which agency and age of the kid, they may go to your home/school to do the therapy.

You definitely need one car. Depending on what you and your husband do (and where), you may be able to get away with one. (Both my husband and I work from home now, most of the week we really could get away with only one car.) There is no busing here, so everyone carpools (or pays people). Keep that in mind if one spouse works out of the house and a car is needed for getting kids to and from school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating