Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
How stressful is/was your day today?
Previous  1  2

How would you describe your stress level today
Absolutely crazy  
 12%  [ 30 ]
Hectic, but I also enjoyed it a lot so it evened out  
 48%  [ 114 ]
I actually had a super calm purim  
 38%  [ 90 ]
Total Votes : 234

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 7:55 pm
amother Lime wrote:
I’m at 71 bottles of wine so far.. but what a beautiful meaningful day.
not bad

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 7:55 pm
In labor and delivery bh!!!! Daven for me iyh healthy baby and mom with painless pushing!!!!!!!!

tweety1

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 7:57 pm
It wasn't crazy. It was very hectic but not crazy. I'm glad it's over

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 7:57 pm
amother Lime wrote:
I’m at 71 bottles of wine so far.. but what a beautiful meaningful day.

I want to clarify. I’m home was home all day. Did a lot of hosting, serving , warming and so on. This was my avoda this Purim. I’m disassembling MM, and counted 71 bottles of wine not counting what got consumed today.

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 8:19 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
In labor and delivery bh!!!! Daven for me iyh healthy baby and mom with painless pushing!!!!!!!!

Bshaa tova!!

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 8:45 pm
I had a stressful couple of hours over cooking and cleaning, which always stresses me out. Happily our guests, who were also contributing food, also tend toward the disorganized and showed up much later than what we were originally saying. We are truly very compatible as friends. LOL

lavenderchimes

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 8:48 pm
I woke up sick with GI stuff from overdoing it, and today was B"H also crazy but we really enjoyed it and also took some time to rest:)

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 9:21 pm
DH and I have been working on better communication and stress management. Purim was neatly organised to make it pleasant for everyone Smile Then...
2yo DS woke up under the weather.
I missed the megilla leining we were aiming for by exactly 1 min due to traffic.
DH wanted to spend time with a volunteer organisation he's part of and that didn't work out for very specific reasons.
BUT
We had committed beforehand to have as pleasant a Purim as possible. At the one point during the day that I started to get frustrated, DH did the perfect job of helping me relax.
BH we had a beautiful Purim!

dena613

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:25 pm
[quote="amother Calendula"]In labor and delivery bh!!!! Daven for me iyh healthy baby and mom with painless pushing!!!!!!!![/quot

Said a kapitel... Hatzlacha!!!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:26 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Lonely. I'm post chemo, and am not amongst people. Family is out all day. I have too much time on my hands.

Sending you a Refuah Shelaima and family and friends to surround and uplift you. ❤️

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:27 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
I never was so organized heading into purim as I was this year. Now I know why!

We got a flat tire that upended the day. But because I was so organized, we still got to do the most important things, like getting to teachers, megillah, etc. Thank you Hashem for preparing the refuah before the makkah!

Is it because it started on a Tuesday and you still had a full Sunday before Tanis Esther, and also a full end of week to prepare for shabbos?

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:29 pm
Quote:
Is it because it started on a Tuesday and you still had a full Sunday before Tanis Esther, and also a full end of week to prepare for shabbos?

I was actually thinking this. It's in my opinion the most ideal way for it to fall out.

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:30 pm
I had an amazing day and bh my party just finished now. I cooked and hosted about 40 ppl. Gave out mm, had 2 family gatherings and went to friends/teachers. BH I felt like I had a very calm and nice day! Now have to clean up! (And I am hosting a family of 6 tonight last minute as well)

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:43 pm
BH it was hectic but enjoyable. Dh went to netz. I slept late till almost 8! (Kids were up but behaving) then dh took the boys for Megillah laining and I stayed home with my baby girl (who was old enough to kvetch about wanting to go to shul but too young to keep quiet so I had to give her treats instead Wink )
Then I went to Megillah while the kids played with their Purim shtick and started delivering/accepting mm. We stayed in the neighborhood for an hour, drove for 2 hours to rebbeim rosh yeshiva relatives etc, came home. I got to daven mincha with kavanah, dh went to a neighborhood party with the kids, and almost as soon as the kids started complaining the guests for our seudah arrived.
(I had cooked in advance so just warmed up food other than an easy roast I made fresh)

The only stressful part right now is I think dh drank too much and I’m frustrated that he didn’t watch out for his health… next year I think I’m going to tell him one bottle max (I think he had 2 or 3 plus some shnaps today).

There were a lot of potentially stressful moments but I worked hard to keep calm

NechaMom

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 12:45 am
amother Milk wrote:
Lonely. I'm post chemo, and am not amongst people. Family is out all day. I have too much time on my hands.

I’m so sorry! Refuah sheleima!
May you have an amazing happy purim next year and for many healthy years to come!

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:12 am
amother Calendula wrote:

Can I ask for your Hebrew name to daven? Keep us posted!

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:24 am
ra_mom wrote:

Interesting. But actually, I've gotten sick and tired of coming into Purim a shmatte. I set up my priorities and was careful to stick with them: non-perishable mm that could be prepared at least a week in advance, only store-bought costumes and everything including accessories in the house a week before, ingredients for food for the seuda in the house before Shabbos, most food frozen and only a few basics prepared fresh on taanis Esther, wine purchased by RC Adar, teacher cards and checks written out a week before, and a clear list of mm deliveries categorized by MUST and nice (after a serious powow with DH). It was very important to me to daven vasikin and not be exhausted all day, so I left NOTHING for Purim night aside for clearing up after the break-fast meal and was in bed before 11. I was up before my alarm clock and was calm all day.

Really, really worth the HUGE effort to be organized. And losing 2 hours today dealing with the car was totally fine. We just skipped a whole bunch of "nice" mm deliveries. We might go tomorrow just to visit (kids are off and I do miss not seeing those people, plus I have 6 extra mm).

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 5:54 am
Calm. I have a lot going on right now so I made super simple mm (which embarrassed my teens) and everyone just dressed up as they wanted and we were out for the seudah. I just want to let go of the guilt of our not themed not cute mm.
How do people do it?

NechaMom

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:28 am
amother Chestnut wrote:
Calm. I have a lot going on right now so I made super simple mm (which embarrassed my teens) and everyone just dressed up as they wanted and we were out for the seudah. I just want to let go of the guilt of our not themed not cute mm.
How do people do it?

I can guarantee you that none of the recipients minded.
Themed or cute mm are for those who enjoy preparing it and have the time for it. Not because the recipients care one way or another. Why on earth should you feel guilty? If your teens wanted something more fun why didn’t they do it on their own?

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 6:37 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
Kind of boring. There seems to be a neighborhood ban on klopping this year. One leining allowed literally one second each, and another allowed one one-second klop the first time and then zero klopping the rest of the megillah. On the plus side you could hear every word, mistameh everyone was asleep. Why stay awake if you can't klop?

Us too! It was sooooo weird! For both I attended, we stopped for the first H-man then after that he didn't stop. Not once more!! Ugh. Not fun for the kids.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics