Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I wish I was irresponsible.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 8:11 pm
I know I need to get something for DD. I picked it out, I found it on sale, and..... nothing. Have to wait until there's money for it. And my Pesach shopping list. And the shoes for DS. Ugh, I hate being an adult. I'm already so all over the place, needing to keep MORE Stuff To Do Later in my head is soooo frustrating. I want to just swipe a card and be able to cross it off my physical and mental list already!!!

hodeez

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 8:18 pm
If you were irresponsible your daughter wouldn't have shoes and you wouldn't have food for pesach. It's a hard time, make the physical lists and cross off tasks as soon as they're completed. Hatzlacha

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 8:53 pm
I’m not the op but I feel the exact same way. I wish I was irresponsible. We don’t have money so I don’t spend and live very frugally yet everyone around me - literally everyone - that earns similar to us (I know because I work together with the wives and my husband works with some of their husbands ) literally just swipe their CC without a care… eventually they get in such a deep hole … cry poverty… get tomchei shabbos… get steep discounts for camps and the like ….even file bankruptcy… get handouts … all while they behaved irresponsibly but their kids had all the up to date clothing , toys, updated house etc
These are pple that I have been around for 15yrs. We aren’t at the point of marrying off kids but it seems like they will pull off a fancy wedding … I know they don’t have family money or side hustles . I know their income and something doesn’t add up .
they behave irresponsibly-the kids are happy and they get bailed out each time . Seems like a win

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 9:08 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
I’m not the op but I feel the exact same way. I wish I was irresponsible. We don’t have money so I don’t spend and live very frugally yet everyone around me - literally everyone - that earns similar to us (I know because I work together with the wives and my husband works with some of their husbands ) literally just swipe their CC without a care… eventually they get in such a deep hole … cry poverty… get tomchei shabbos… get steep discounts for camps and the like ….even file bankruptcy… get handouts … all while they behaved irresponsibly but their kids had all the up to date clothing , toys, updated house etc
These are pple that I have been around for 15yrs. We aren’t at the point of marrying off kids but it seems like they will pull off a fancy wedding … I know they don’t have family money or side hustles . I know their income and something doesn’t add up .
they behave irresponsibly-the kids are happy and they get bailed out each time . Seems like a win

Idk... I see similar irresponsibility and I think nebach. It's really a sad situation.

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 9:11 pm
I’m glad we’re responsible, and we live within our means. We are far from rich. We don’t have lots of luxuries that others have (and even some things that others consider necessities) but B”H, we are not in debt. Our kids aren’t always happy about it, but they share our values and we’re very proud of them.

Stay strong and hold your head up high. Life is long (hopefully) and doing what is easiest and most comfortable in the moment doesn’t always pan out in the long run.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 9:11 pm
If she needs it and it’s a good deal and you know you’ll be able to pay off the credit card bill when it comes, then why not buy now? I’m not irresponsible. I pay off my bill each month. But I don’t see why the money needs to already be in my account before I swipe the card.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics