Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Slow processing speed

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 12:58 am
I suspect my 3.5 has this. Anyone with insight or knowledge to share? How do I evaluate or what services to get?

TCFrenk

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 12:05 pm
3.5 is a bit young.

If you live in NYC you can get an EI eval from the big companies.

You can also try to engage the child as much as possible by pointing out simple things in a very gentle way and talking about many topics with the child. I also reinforce any times the child speaks by repeating what they said and sometimes repeating it correctly if the child said something wrong.

I do not tell the child that they said something wrong as this can cause the child to shut down.

Maybe try to do some research on language development, it is an immense field dealt with by many professionals. EG SLP, ABA, Audiology, OT, PT, Neurologist and Developmental psychologist.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)