Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Would you keep a high school girl home to babysit?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 11:14 pm
[colo] wrote:
Thank you!

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 11:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! You made me feel better that I am not a terrible person because dd will miss davening in school and maybe one class so that my family can have a workable plan when dh and I are not able to be home.

Yes, she has missed a few days recently. But this is not the norm. She has never missed school to help me before my baby was born this year. I believe my other dd missed a day or 2 when my 3 year old was born. It's not like this is a regular occurrence. The only reason for my hesitation was that this year, between the 2 hospitalizations (when I gave birth and when the baby was hospitalized) and the wedding, it's been more than I am totally comfortable with her missing, and especially in a fairly short time period. But it's still the best (or only) solution I can come up with, I don't think it's as tragic as people make it seem.

You don't have to answer to anyone. You yourself knows what works best for your family. You know the circumstances and situation best.
Life doesn't run under ideal circumstances from the moment we're born into this world. We do the best we can with seichel and love. 💝 It's all preordained above anyway.

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 12:42 am
Chayalle wrote:
You are right, I don't get what it is to HAVE a house full of little kids (I'm pretty open about having had SIF and a small family) but I most definitely get what it is like to BE one of a house full of kids. I was that teen, 100 student, etc...I am one of the older ones in a family of 12 BAH. And I will firmly state that yes, it's a big deal. I have very few "nevers" but I firmly feel that a parent should make every effort to work it out some other way and let their teen be in school. On time. That it is a parental responsibility before becoming the teen's responsibility. Your teen is not responsible for keeping your house calm and organized. You are.

Op is not keeping her daughter home because she wants to go on vacation. She needs to take another child to an interview. What is wrong with a child helping out once in a while?
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics