Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anyones baby ever model?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Peony

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 10:19 am
amother Chambray wrote:
My husband went along to a photoshoot for a Jewish company. The kids were very proud to be there and they really enjoyed it.... What's the BIIIIIIIIG Deal?

The big deal is that the parent is using their kid to make money for themselves.
This is only okay to do if the child agrees to it and the child gets the payment.
Let's say that a child is a talented singer. The mother set's up gigs for him, but mom keeps the money instead of giving it to her son. So mom is using her child to make money. Using your child as a model to make money or get clothes, is the same thing. A baby can't agree. An older child can and can tell mom when they'd had enough. And when a child models for a company, their picture is used for advertising and is splashed all over. This is also not ok to do without the permission of the child.

amother
Carnation

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 10:32 am
amother Peony wrote:
The big deal is that the parent is using their kid to make money for themselves. This is only okay to do if the child agrees to it and the child gets the payment.

Says who?

I find it interesting how everyone is expressing their opinions here as hard facts.

Trademark

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 10:34 am
amother Vanilla wrote:
Ignore all the posters yelling op. Best way is to keep checking brands and photographers on Instagram for model ads, they usually post a couple days before they need. Or reach out to brands yourself

There is a reason why many of us have such a visceral reaction...

amother
Peony

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 10:36 am
amother Carnation wrote:
Says who?

I find it interesting how everyone is expressing their opinions here as hard facts.

Says who what?
OP says she wants to use her baby to get clothes she can't afford. This isn't ok. She can take on a job or buy what she can afford.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 10:38 am
@peony, many here are agreeing with you that’s it’s not very ideal and probably not worth the hassle for the benefit.

However, the overreaction you keep revisiting is just unnecessary drama. You’re cheapening the meaning of the word exploitation. It’s not really that of a big deal. Using the money to buy kid clothes is not the deal breaker.

Making the child forgo normal age appropriate activities, putting them under extra pressure, not meeting their needs, those would all be a factor in exploiting. Not the fact if one gets paid or not.

Trademark

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 10:45 am
amother Poinsettia wrote:
@peony, many here are agreeing with you that’s it’s not very ideal and probably not worth the hassle for the benefit.

However, the overreaction you keep revisiting is just unnecessary drama. You’re cheapening the meaning of the word exploitation. It’s not really that of a big deal. Using the money to buy kid clothes is not the deal breaker.

Making the child forgo normal age appropriate activities, putting them under extra pressure, not meeting their needs, those would all be a factor in exploiting. Not the fact if one gets paid or not.

Once there is money or benefits involved it influences the mother's decisions and it might not always be in favor of the best interests of the child.

So yes taking money can be a big deal.

amother
Peony

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 10:47 am
Trademark wrote:
Once there is money or benefits involved it influences the mother's decisions and it might not always be in favor of the best interests of the child.

So yes taking money can be a big deal.

And the mom can quickly fall in to the cycle of doing it on a regular basis, because of the money or benefits.

amother
Peony

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 10:50 am
amother Poinsettia wrote:

I don't think I'm being dramatic. Do you know the definition of exploiting children is? It's not a bad dramatic word. It literally means using your children to get something for yourself in return. Be it money, clothing, or other benefits. It is a very big deal to use your children to get clothing you like but can't afford. Mom is supposed to clothe the baby without baby being used.

amother
Carnation

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 10:54 am
amother Peony wrote:
I don't think I'm being dramatic. Do you know the definition of exploiting children is? It's not a bad dramatic word. It literally means using your children to get something for yourself in return. Be it money, clothing, or other benefits. It is a very big deal to use your children to get clothing you like but can't afford. Mom is supposed to clothe the baby without baby being used.

As I keep mentioning, yes I know the definition of exploiting.

But, maybe exploiting isn't always such a dirty word?

A 9 month old baby can sit there and everyone coos to get her to smile for a few pictures. Seriously, it can be that simple.

amother
Peony

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 10:55 am
amother Carnation wrote:
As I keep mentioning, yes I know the definition of exploiting.

But, maybe exploiting isn't always such a dirty word?

A 9 month old baby can sit there and everyone coos to get her to smile for a few pictures. Seriously, it can be that simple.

It being simple, doesn't make it ok. If mom wants to afford fancy clothes, she should find a way to do so that doesn't involve using her kids.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 1:22 pm
I'm a former child model (wasn't frum as a kid). Only consider it if your baby/young kid adores the camera and posing for hours. An older kid is getting the inappropriate message that their appearance is something to be valued and made money off of. I'm not sure if I'm legitimately scarred from my years doing it but I had very low self esteem when I was a teenager and no longer little and cute. Part of me thinks it contributed to me becoming frum....moving towards a world that is supposed to value the internal more than the external.

imaima

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 2:41 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
I'm a former child model (wasn't frum as a kid). Only consider it if your baby/young kid adores the camera and posing for hours. An older kid is getting the inappropriate message that their appearance is something to be valued and made money off of. I'm not sure if I'm legitimately scarred from my years doing it but I had very low self esteem when I was a teenager and no longer little and cute. Part of me thinks it contributed to me becoming frum....moving towards a world that is supposed to value the internal more than the external.

What a rude awakening it must have been.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 2:51 pm
imaima wrote:
What a rude awakening it must have been.

Sadly, many things have been a rude awakening.

Amalia

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 6:44 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
Sadly, many things have been a rude awakening.
Sad
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries