Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Uber Eats - how does it work?
Previous  1  2

Amarante

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 5:58 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
How does this make sense? They don't see the tip till an hour after its delivered. You can edit your tip until around then

They generally see the tip when they are sent a prospective delivery.

And if the delivery was FINE AND NO PROBLEM and you reduce the tip, you are guilty of tip baiting and truly a CHEAP vile person in my opinion.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 5:59 pm
Amarante wrote:

And if the delivery was FINE AND NO PROBLEM and you reduce the tip, you are guilty of tip baiting and truly a CHEAP vile person in my opinion.

I didn't say I change my tip, I'm saying in general you have an hour to decide how much to tip

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:00 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
How does this make sense? They don't see the tip till an hour after its delivered. You can edit your tip until around then

The see it before they get the order.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:39 pm
I believe that the $30 uber cash you get when signing up is for any order (no minimum amount needed) and it will cover for everything (if you spend less then 30, the rest will go to service fee...)
Only your tip cant be included. I think

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 7:07 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
I believe that the $30 uber cash you get when signing up is for any order (no minimum amount needed) and it will cover for everything (if you spend less then 30, the rest will go to service fee...)
Only your tip cant be included. I think

Thank you

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 7:20 pm
Amarante wrote:

I don't think you can lower the tip on Uber Eats, only increase it.

I was once mad at an Uber driver for reporting that I wasn't wearing a mask even though I certainly was, so I wanted to cancel his tip but I couldn't.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 7:23 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I don't think you can lower the tip on Uber Eats, only increase it.

I was once mad at an Uber driver for reporting that I wasn't wearing a mask even though I certainly was, so I wanted to cancel his tip but I couldn't.

I haven’t used ubereats but I assumed you could reduce to reflect terrible service.

Tip baiting is an issue for Instacart shoppers as people will pretend to lesv3 a large tip in order to get their order picked up and then take it away.

I think Uber rides is different in terms of tipping because people typically tip after a ride is finished and you don’t out the tip in when you order a car.

With the delivery services, you typically tip in the app before you place the order and so the tip is a factor in terms of whether someone will take the batch
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics