Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Halachik will
Previous  1  2

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:19 pm
keym wrote:
They wrote the will a year ago.
It legally and halachicly takes effect 20 minutes before they pass.
There is a legal and halachic mechanism to do that. And it takes effect retroactively.
That's why I'm not explaining myself well.

Ahhhhhhh, ok I get it now. So smart.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 2:01 pm
keym wrote:
I just want to comment.
My in-laws were very busy with their halachic will, and their Rav told them that there actually is a very big mitzva to fulfill the halachos of yerusha especially pi shnayim according to halacha.
Let's say my in-laws have 5 sons, 4 daughters. Their Rav recommended that they gift their each of their children (including the girls) each 1/9 of their assets 20 minutes before in-laws pass away (it should be many years from now) but they should leave around $600 in their assets at the time they pass.
And those $600 should be left halachicly as yerusha - for their sons $100 each and double $200 for the oldest.
I'm not explaining it well.
But my in-laws will divest all their assets immediately before they pass, leaving a token amount to halachicly divide for yerusha.

Just commenting because I thought it was interesting.

I know my grandfather AH did something similar. He took off a portion of his assets and my father - the bechor - got pi shnayim of that, and the rest was divided equally among all of the children (including my aunt of course, who, if you ask me and all her siblings, should get pi shnayim for taking care of her parents....and she's the youngest.)

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 11:24 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
Not everyone knows when they are dying. Sudden heart attack? Car accident? What then? I mean, it sounds good in theory, but....

Ii think the goal is to prepare their kids in advance to their plans so they make Shalom with it and avoid unpleasant fighting between the sibs after.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics