Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Weather in Israel

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 1:21 pm
What's the weather in Israel the next 2 weeks? Will be visiting there, which type clothing should I take

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 1:38 pm
It's summer, and the weather is hot across the entire country. Some areas are hotter than others, and some will have cooler evenings. There isn't any forecast of extreme heatwaves in the next week or so.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 1:48 pm
Elfrida wrote:
It's summer, and the weather is hot across the entire country. Some areas are hotter than others, and some will have cooler evenings. There isn't any forecast of extreme heatwaves in the next week or so.

Thanks, which temp do you call hot?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 1:49 pm
You have internet. Google can tell you average monthly temperatures in every city.

salt

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 12:38 am
This is a good website for Jerusalem weather.

https://www.02ws.co.il/?&lang=0

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 12:49 am
It gets very hot during the day and depending where you are (Jerusalem included) it can get quite cold in the evenings so definitely bring light sweaters if you're planning on spending some time outdoors.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 12:57 am
Despite being a small country, Israel has very different climate zones. It helps to say where you will be. And yes, googling weather and the name of the location will get you the best results.

In very general terms -
It almost never rains in Israel in the summer, so you don't need rain gear. In mountain areas, you usually have breezes at night, so bring a light sweater if you're going to be in Jerusalem, Yehuda and Shomron, Galil and Golan. If you're going to be in the center of the country (Tel Aviv, Bnei Brak, etc) or the Jordan valley, expect hot and humid. In the Negev, expect hot but not humid.

kalsee

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 1:02 am
Expected weather this week in most of the country - high 80s - low 90s
I don't know next week

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 2:13 am
I’m visiting here now from the East coast. It’s not any hotter than at home. I’m in Yerushalayim. It’s beautiful after about 6, and chilly after dark. I’m wearing my lightest summer clothes during the day, and a tichel rather than a sheitel, and we try to be indoors between 12:30 and 3 if we can. Hot, but bearable. The sun is stronger than at home though, so sunscreen and sunglasses are very necessary.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 3:45 am
It's gonna be hot anywhere you go.

I disagree with the poster saying it can get cold in the evenings. Depending on where you are (if you're at a high elevation) it might get nice in the evenings. You're not gonna get cold unless you stand in a refridgerator.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 4:59 am
This is the easiest question ever.

July in Israel = HOT

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 5:04 am
amother Babypink wrote:

I disagree with the poster saying it can get cold in the evenings. Depending on where you are (if you're at a high elevation) it might get nice in the evenings. You're not gonna get cold unless you stand in a refridgerator.

false! 2 nights ago was rlly cold in jlem at night
needed a sweater! it was amazing

etky

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 5:19 am
amother Babypink wrote:

Efrat resident here.
I've needed a sweater (and even a jacket one night!) when going walking after sunset this past week.
And last week we were visiting DD on the Gilboa and it was plenty chilly there too in the evening.

Adding that although the daytime high here was 28 C (82.4) tonight it's going down to 15 C (59F) here. Not freezing cold but definitely light jacket weather.
That's a bit cool for this time of year, even for Efrat where the average nighttime temp in July-August is 18 C (64.5 C). But even that is sweater weather in my book at least.

Last edited by etky on Sun, Jul 02 2023, 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 5:31 am
Hot
Hotter
Hottest

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 11:04 am
amother Babypink wrote:

Im in the gush. The highest yishuv there. I have had to wear a fleace at night when I walk my dog.
It really has been cold the past while at night.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 11:30 am
When I will be out after Shkiya, I bring warm clothing for the baby. She could comfortably be in a sleeveless one layer during the day.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 11:34 am
amother Magnolia wrote:
false! 2 nights ago was rlly cold in jlem at night
needed a sweater! it was amazing

I live in Jerusalem and I'm often out late (sometimes can be close to 1 AM) and I haven't used a sweater for months. Of course the evening can be cooler, but that means there can be a nice soft breeze.

ETA: for a baby, of course you bring along a sweater in case needed.

etky

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 11:47 am
Also, OP, even in the hotter areas you might need sweaters for indoors in places that run the a/c on high.
We were up north last week in some of the hottest places in Israel (Bet She'an/Jordan Valley and the coastal area where it is extremely humid) and I froze at some of the indoor places where we visited/ate. Good thing I had a sweater with me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions