Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Boy said he’ll kill my son if… how should I deal?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 11:41 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Desensitizing your kids to bullying or bad language is a terrible idea. It’s horrible to downplay it and say just ignore it he’s being tough. This attitude is probably why bullying is so widespread nowadays. Parents do better.
so what do you suggest?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 11:43 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Desensitizing your kids to bullying or bad language is a terrible idea. It’s horrible to downplay it and say just ignore it he’s being tough. This attitude is probably why bullying is so widespread nowadays. Parents do better.

The other child is 5. He does not know how to express himself. There is nothing another child can do other than stand strong and not be overwhelmed. The mother will talk to the administration.

I actually think bullying is alot less widespread that it was and gets better in each successive generation.

I can think back to the 80s and 90s. Much worse

Ask your parents what bullies did in the 60s.

And your grandparents in the 30s?

There is no comparison. Each generation back was so much worse.

And I had some bullied kids.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 11:46 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:

I think that desensitized is actually the way to go. Don't let the child be a victim and save them. Build up their resilience, teach them how it feels to be bullied and have them learn from it.
Such great life experience if it comes with good support.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 1:28 pm
Assuming that even though you might have made some calls, the bully will still demand it, your son should say, as calmly as possible, I'm so sorry but I don't bring this to camp.

If the bully keeps at it, he should say it again, then say, I've already given you an answer. If you don't stop I will tell the counselor/head counselor. He should keep his physical distance.

Hatzlacha!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers