Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Below the knee uniforms-- surprisingly hard to find!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 1:21 pm
Where can I find below the knee uniform dresses/jumpers/polos for girls?

My first is going into kindergarten next year and the handbook suggests ordering from Land's End. However, I'm concerned about the length. I'd like it to be below the knee, especially since she'll probably grow throughout the year. Sizing up will make everything else look too baggy, and the reviews for the longer length (and pricey...) skirts are not great.

I live OOT so I prefer online, but willing to travel to Bklyn/Monsey if there's a decently priced in person shop.

Thanks in advance.

Signed, a frustrated "first timer" kindergarten mom

behappy2

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 1:23 pm
The frum uniform stores definitely have long ones. You can call them up and get the measurements

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 2:03 pm
Even in the frum stores (e.g Fraylich in Lakewood) uniforms on little girls that are long enough are very shleppy. Tailoring is needed to make it fit nicely.

The most common alterations I do are lifting the skirt higher on the top part of the jumper uniform (easy on my schools jumper), lifting the straps, taking in the sides_back.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 2:14 pm
Fraylich School Uniforms https://www.fraylichschooluniforms.com/
They have all lengths listed.

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 2:17 pm
Fraylachs sells online.
https://www.fraylichschooluniforms.com/

Marks & Spencer has 1 jumper style available in longer length, the other one has elastic waistband inside like boys pants so if you size up it will still look good. This is assuming you need solid colored.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 2:20 pm
Sorry just not understanding, your school has a uniform? How are you buying from landsend?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 2:29 pm
Where are you? Try bystyles.com

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 2:30 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Sorry just not understanding, your school has a uniform? How are you buying from landsend?

BC lands end sells uniform clothes, including jumpers.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 2:56 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:

Lands end sells uniform.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 3:48 pm
My kids school also has unifroms from Landsend, for r skirts I buy French Toast brand from Walmart.com
Way cheaper than Landsend. The skirts go below the knee and have adjustable waists.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 4:05 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
BC lands end sells uniform clothes, including jumpers.

Right, but not a specific uniform. Like not the right color shirt, or plaid jumper

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 4:05 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Right, but not a specific uniform. Like not the right color shirt, or plaid jumper

Sure. They have a selection of plaids & shirts.

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 4:41 pm
A lot of moms in our school buy this one: French Toast Girls' V-Neck Jumper https://a.co/d/4ha0HJa

newinbp

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 9:01 pm
I saw the lands end uniform jumper in their catalog. The one I saw is the style to hit right above the knees, like many popular clothing stores that are not frum/Jewish. It would never work on a tall girl. Perhaps there are different styles? I have bought the single color long sleeve polos from landsend and from Walmart, had good experience with both.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 9:04 pm
The principal in my daughters school said to buy from the frum uniform stores and not from Lands End or French Toast since she heard those don’t go below the knee. The Uniform Depot in Monsey which is a family member to Fraylach in Brooklyn sells three different length uniform skirts .

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 9:09 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
The principal in my daughters school said to buy from the frum uniform stores and not from Lands End or French Toast since she heard those don’t go below the knee. The Uniform Depot in Monsey which is a family member to Fraylach in Brooklyn sells three different length uniform skirts .

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 9:21 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:

So uniform depot is not a frum store but still related to Fraylich?

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 9:43 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:
So uniform depot is not a frum store but still related to Fraylich?

My mistake it’s called Uniform Headquarters on 18 college Road. 845- 445-8856

bsy

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 10:14 pm
Freilich has a website

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 11:05 pm
I bought from Engelic Uniforms. Its a jewish store and they have website. I like the fit and style.
https://www.engelicuniforms.com/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics