Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Minimal cleaning
Previous  1  2

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 12:34 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:
Have dh sweep

Give the little ones water spray bottle and towels and let them "clean" the floor. You'd be surprised what a difference it can make.

When kids are bathing give the other ones baby wipes to wipe down counters and sink.

Bshaah Tova
[b]

We've definitely had times where I needed to rely on young children for sweeping mopping dusting and cleaning kitchen down (still looking for bathroom volunteers) they will use extra water cleansers and sprays. House may be more wet slippery and smelly.but with positive aditude it happens and is mostly fun.
House is disinfected and clean just to a higher level

amother
Maize

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 7:58 pm
Close your eyes!!!
And when you give birth pay a real cleaning lady to clean so you come home to a clean house.
This is temporary. As much as it's good to wash your linen, it's ok if you don't. You will get back to your standards later.

Just don't leave too many toys around, it's a safety hazard for you to fall Ch"v

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 8:35 pm
Add toilet drop ins to your toilet tanks so when you flush some cleaner swirls around automatically.

Buy no rinse tub spray and after every shower have each person spray and walk away.

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 8:44 pm
I found these effective for keeping my toilets clean in seconds. Use as needed, at least once a week.

Clorox ToiletWand Disposable Toilet Cleaning Kit, Toilet Brush, Toilet and Bathroom Cleaning System with Storage Caddy and 16 Disinfecting ToiletWand Refill Heads (Package May Vary) https://a.co/d/c6tSHzg

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:07 pm
Clorox wipes
reg wipes
Handy in the kitchen, bathrooms easy cleaning
swiffer and vacuum as needed

Just don't stress rn b'shaa Tovah!

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:18 pm
Can you afford a robo vacuum? Doesn't have to be the Roomba brand, a cheaper one works fine too. If it's realistic for you to have the kids and DH do a 10 min nightly cleanup of the floor, and set the robo vacuum that can help a lot

Cheiny

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:23 pm
amother Opal wrote:
To remain functional, there is no time frame. When the floor looks grungy, use a swiffer on the offending parts. When the bathroom looks dirty, take a baby wipe to the yucky spots.

If the toys are underfoot, push them to the side.

Ideally get a basket and have the kids throw in the toys before Shabbos so you have the satisfaction of a clean room.

Linens can be left for much longer than you think. Kids won’t complain. Change if they have an accident. Change your own if you like fresh.

Throw tomatoes, but it’s true.

(And even if you do none of the above, that’s also fine. Survival is mandatory. Cleanliness is optional.)

I read that there’s so much bacteria on used bedding and it really should be changed once a week. No one is saying the dirty linen can’t sit in the laundry room for a while waiting to be washed, as long as there are clean ones on the beds every week.

‘ Another study found that unwashed pillow cases and sheets had up to 39 times more bacteria than pet-food bowls and several thousand times more bacteria than a toilet seat. Like Staphylococcus aureus, which in some rare cases can be deadly.’
https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....78449

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:27 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I read that there’s so much bacteria on used bedding and it really should be changed once a week. No one is saying the dirty linen can’t sit in the laundry room for a while waiting to be washed, as long as there are clean ones on the beds every week.

‘ Another study found that unwashed pillow cases and sheets had up to 39 times more bacteria than pet-food bowls and several thousand times more bacteria than a toilet seat. Like Staphylococcus aureus, which in some rare cases can be deadly.’

This is a little overdone. Seriously, nobody ever died (and very unlikely that many have become ill at all) because of an unwashed pillowcase.

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:29 pm
Cheiny wrote:

I would aim for twice a month.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:38 pm
amother Opal wrote:
This is a little overdone. Seriously, nobody ever died (and very unlikely that many have become ill at all) because of an unwashed pillowcase.

That’s why it said rare.

But I have heard for quite a while that there’s lots of bacteria on sheets and it really should be changed frequently.

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:41 pm
Cheiny wrote:
That’s why it said rare.

But I have heard for quite a while that there’s lots of bacteria on sheets and it really should be changed frequently.

Thanks, but I'll settle for not eating off the sheets.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:44 pm
Yes, human skin is covered in bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus. Your own bedding is not going to kill you unless you're sleeping it in with open wounds and you're severely immunocompromised and don't treat those wounds.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 10:31 pm
Focus on cleanliness not messiness..for me, a clean floor and wiped counters makes all the difference even if there's stuff and toys all over. Clorox wipes and swiffer and you are good (5 mins for your DH at night) use paper goods if dishes bother you. Someone else mentioned disposable clorox toilet brush things, those are perfect for cleaning a toilet in 2 seconds. Hang in there, it's temporary!!!

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 10:45 pm
Get a duel roomba that vacuumes and mops… you need help. Buy it now and make monthly payments on it with a 0% apr cc or affirm, pay pal etc
It even empties itself out!
Once you have sparkling floors, your mood will improve and you will feel more energized.
Next- plastic plates, cups and cutlery only
Then, buy Clorox wipes and keep a jar in every room. Use it for a 30 second sink or counter or whatever wipe down frequently.
Finally, buy a linen refresher spray for your linen but change every 2 weeks. I think it’s important, and if you do the above steps, you should be able to manage that once every 2 weeks.
Get a soap thing u attach to the toilet bowl and ur toilets will clean itself.
Wash whites and darks together for laundry instead of 2 separate loads. I’ve done that before and nothing happened. Or towels and darks together.
Also- food deliveries only.
Pizza from pizza store once a week for sure if you can afford ( some places in Lakewood have for $13 a pie)
Anything I left out … lol
Fold laundry while sitting down on ur bed with a pillow for your back.
For toys cleanup - either delegate ur kids or buy those bins frame home goods or something and just dump it all inside.
Hope this helps

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 10:49 pm
If you aren't up to folding clothes (I definitely wasn't at many points in time) just sorting them into "underclothes," "pajamas," and "clothing" (3 baskets) will make it quick and easy to rummage through to find what you need.

gold2

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:24 am
Cheiny wrote:

A laptop has more germs on it than your toilet seat but not sure people always wash it or their hands before eating after typing...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:29 am
Guys you have really really helped me! Great ideas and amazing validation! Thank you thank you!! From the bottom of my heart thanks!

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 11:17 am
amother Chestnut wrote:
If it works for you awesome, but if I only "cleaned " once in two weeks this place would be gross! Dows nobody drool on their pillowcase? Kods never sit on bed before having clean phs on and shoes off? Does a baby wipe get smell of urine out of the bathroom? Are spills on the floor that uncommon? Should I assume tgatif toys are being picked up only likavod shabbos you have a play room and the rest of the home has clear walking space free of toys?
I'm just trying to understand

Maybe my kids are extra slobby, I don’t know, but if I did this minimal level of cleaning as described, my house would be really filthy.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 7:56 pm
OP,

Don't worry about your house. Take care of yourself first!

My cleaning policy is to keep the critters away! (sweep up crumbs and try to keep up with the dishes. Notice I did not say to wash all the dishes , just keep them from overflowing out of your sink...)

Bathrooms, keep a container of chlorox wipes and a disposable toilet wand nearby and use as needed.

Beyond that... everything else is extra!

Also, shower cleaning hack. Use a clean broom with your favorite bathroom cleaner. Works great! The bristles really get into the corners!

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 7:59 pm
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/6MZ6FZRf1nU

Shower cleaning hack
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry