Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Is the war on cars working?

GLUE

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 12:34 am
NYC has declared a war on cars.

They have and are making it harder to drive all the time. With ticket generators all over the place, it's getting more and more expensive to drive. The goal of them is not safety. If it was then the city would use the money they generates to improve the infrastructure, not dump it in the general fund.

Some were in Cypher space, I read that the City plans to remove 9% a year of off street parking until there is practically none. Not sure how true that is, but the city has been taking away on street parking spaces for the last few years. They have been replacing them with bike parking and other things. While the goal of putting bike parking at corners was that people should not be able to park up to the corner to increase visibility, now it sounds like the goal is just to get rid of parking.

I am sure there is plenty of more examples, not living there I don't know any more. But it's no secret there are plenty of people who want NYC to be car-free.

My question-Is it working? Are people now less likely to own cars? Or it's just another thing that makes living in NYC harder?

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 1:00 am
What's instead?

GLUE

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 1:11 am
Not really sure

I guess mass transit, bikes, and walking?

I don't think the people who want the city to be car-free give to much thought about how the goods and things like food need to be brought into the city.

Then again maybe they have a whole plan worked out, I just did not see it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries