Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Sharing rooms?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:24 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
So is my 2 year old boy. Lol. I let him share with his sister.

2 year old boy is different than six year old boy

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:25 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
So is my 2 year old boy. Lol. I let him share with his sister.

It's age appropriate for a 2 year old. For a 6 year old, not so much. It may be age appropriate, depending on how obsessed he is with it. You don't want him to explore his sisters body ch'v.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:25 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
Maybe keep the newborn with you for a year or till they sleep through the night, then put them with one of the younger kids.

I think I’ll try putting newborn with dd. I don’t think she will wake up necessarily, she’s a pretty good sleeper. I hope.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:26 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
It's age appropriate for a 2 year old. For a 6 year old, not so much. It may be age appropriate, depending on how obsessed he is with it. You don't want him to explore his sisters body ch'v.

It’s for sure age appropriate but I wouldn’t want him rooming with a sister, she gets dressed and undressed etc and so does he.

We have a 5th room, which we use as a guestroom. Maybe I’ll move dd there and give the newborn their own room and switch things around at a later date

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
All rooms are the same size. He’s a hoarder and his room makes me anxious. I don’t want to be in there more than I have to, definitely not to nurse a baby in middle of the night. I’m not talking about cramming three kids into one room, I’m talking about 2 kids in a room. My ds 6 is very generous and loves sharing and also loves company. Dd 3 is the same way. My bechor has other strengths. Sharing with his siblings is not one of them. He has 1000 lego sets he worked hard to build and doesn’t want them ruined etc

After what you mentioned I wouldn’t have 6 and 3 share though, and I wouldn’t put a newborn in with 3 at least until they reliably sleep through the night. So either baby stays with you longer or 10 and 6 share.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:38 pm
I have Dd 4 and infant sharing and it’s been working well- big girl comes out of bed when she wakes so it doesn’t wake up baby like a you get kid would. She sleeps through baby’s cries bh.

I have a 2 year old sleeping alone, no matter how hard I tried I could not get more than 4 hours of sleep if my 2 & 4 year olds shared a room (my original plan). They took forever to fall asleep and woke each other up a few times a night… everyone told me they will adjust, everyone does it etc. but it was just not manageable
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics