Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Zemer fund (avraham yitzchok Rubin)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 5:56 am
Did anyone here ever get money through this fund to help pay for seminary or yeshiva in Israel and can tell me what your experience was?
Thank you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 11:28 am
Bump anyone?

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 12:04 pm
Our family has a bit of a personal connection with him and I have had personal conversations with him. To describe it in short , he is a man who does his job really leshem shamyim trying to help kids learn in eretz yisroel but he doesn't have any funding but rather goes around personally fundraising dollar to dollar from his own time. From what I know he said that his fund owes thousands of dollars to people. He has helped us a bit in the past (and now that we have more we donated too time to time as hakaras hatov) but not like crazy amounts , but only because he literally doesn't have enough to give. He really is a man with a heart who tries to help though. The way I do see it that with cases with more extreme circumstances (and I mean cases that he told me about like a family who if the girl would stay by them would cause her to get "hurt" chv , not a case that if the girl doesnt go to seminary she wont a get "better" shidduch) get prioritized help.
I would suggest that it doesnt hurt to call but I wouldn't guarantee it would pay for a whole seminary or yeshiva tution, but maybe you can get partial help if any. So my advice here is that just don't rely on it.

(and btw we were not the ones who got full funding or help as our case was not extreme but one thing I can say if he had lots of funding and tons of money he would help out anyone he could , he is a selfless and such a kind person)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 1:36 pm
Thank you! He does sound very nice on the phone, I'm just trying to figure out why he wants to meet my daughter alone about the funding, she doesn't feel comfortable doing that but that's the only way he'll help us out. Usually these things go through the parents since we're the ones that are paying for the seminary

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 1:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! He does sound very nice on the phone, I'm just trying to figure out why he wants to meet my daughter alone about the funding, she doesn't feel comfortable doing that but that's the only way he'll help us out. Usually these things go through the parents since we're the ones that are paying for the seminary

That would make me uncomfortable too. I wouldn't

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 1:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
How would she be able to be honest about if she's being neglected ch'v or if there are other extreme family circumstances that require her to go away for a year, if you're around?

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 1:41 pm
amother Quince wrote:
How would she be able to be honest about if she's being neglected ch'v or if there are other extreme family circumstances that require her to go away for a year, if you're around?

Why can't it be a phonecall?

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 1:44 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
Why can't it be a phonecall?
This type of meeting is usually face to face.

Are there multiple people she'd be meeting with, or just him? I agree 1 on 1 would be uncomfortable. Does your daughter have a mentor who knows her situation and can come with her?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 1:48 pm
amother Quince wrote:

I see your point, I guess it makes sense a little but she's not being neglected at all, he already spoke to her on the phone for over an hour and I spoke to him on the phone
We just need help paying for seminary

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 1:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
yes we were concerned about that as well but our child was already in israel. You can trust him (from my opinion) but like always keep halachic boundaries. If you ask he has many reliable refernces like Rabbi Reisman etc..

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 2:00 pm
amother Quince wrote:
that is not the only conditon he helps out with as I said before just to make that clear. Just saying from the point of view of I see those cases get more priority.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info