Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Is Lakewood still as yeshivish it used to be?
Previous  1  2

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 4:09 pm
The only thing I would say is that you can likely find a good group of friends but from personal experience when it comes to schools, (I send my boys to a yeshiva I love) but I didn't grow up this way and neither did DH. There is stuff you can only really understand once your deep in it. Its not always easy. There is stuff when my son was 4 that I had no clue would bother me when he is 12.

I am really happy I did not pick the school in my city that is perceived as the most right wing because I know now that I am way deeper in, that I would not have fit in there, its too FFB and too boxy for someone like us. So I agree with the posters saying 5 towns or passaic or more mixed communities with schools that have diversity.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 4:12 pm
Its bunker mentality
Central lakewood near BMG is 10x more uber yeshivish than 25 years ago

Jackson TR Manchester etc.. is flatbush/ 5T

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 4:20 pm
Monsey just might be the community your looking for
there are alot of neighborhoods so look into that (pomona, new city, wesley hills, spring valley, airmont, chesnut ridge etc)

there is a huge mix of mo, jpf, yeshivish, litvish , and a whole bunch of chassidim

amother
Pistachio

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 4:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Isn’t it specifically for the kollel families? And where can I check out the housing market in westgate?

not at all. it truly is a huge mix. we live in westgate and are working. We're not the only ones, most families in this building work.

sonorous

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 4:30 pm
If you're open to considering Brooklyn, look into Mill Basin (and neighboring area Georgetown). It's a huge mix ranging from Yeshivish to MO, plenty of Sephardim and shuls to choose from, affordable housing and access to all the Brooklyn mainstream schools/shopping/conveniences. Best kept secret! Feel free to DM.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 4:47 pm
South Monsey Airmont/Chestnut Ridge has a growing sephardi community

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 4:47 pm
South Monsey Airmont/Chestnut Ridge has a growing sephardi community
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating