Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Random amazon package...addressed to my kid??
Previous  1  2

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 9:57 am
My in laws recently received 6 big boxes of shelving units from Amazon. Addressed to their son who lives abroad but often has ppl order on Amazon and ship to his parents house for him. But never to the name used on the boxes. Really really odd, I don’t know if he asked everyone who made orders for him in the past, but I tried contacting Amazon and they couldn’t give me details of who made the order.
I assumed it was a seller who wanted to benefit himself by not having things returned. I feel like I read about that here.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 9:58 am
amother OP wrote:
But the conspiracy theories I had going on in my head...I thought maybe hes being bullied in camp for bad breath or something and some kid thought this was a cruel joke. Don't I feel dramatic now lol.

Yeah I can relate. In my story above, I was going through scenarios of baby gifts, and they bought both boy and girl shoes since we didn't know what we were having, etc. Told my husband no way anyone in my family would do that, and insisted he ask his... He did and they all denied it... Though it did turn out to be his cousin 🤣 But for very different reasons.

amother
Iris

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 8:17 pm
It's a known tactic of Chinese sellers - they place purchases under other people's names and then go and leave glowing reviews on their own products.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics