Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler has a constant runny nose, would you get her tubes?
Previous  1  2

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:14 am
Unless the toddler has so e significant hearing loss, I wouldn't do it.
I also think it's age related, kids this age are around so many germs.it will get getter as your toddler grows

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:19 am
amother Milk wrote:
Unless the toddler has so e significant hearing loss, I wouldn't do it.
I also think it's age related, kids this age are around so many germs.it will get getter as your toddler grows

Toddler has mild fluid/ hearing loss which is why we started with the ENT. Isn't affecting her so much though. We have a follow up visit coming up.

I do think it might be linked to the fluid since it started at about the same time

Just can't seem to kick the runny nose and its so irritated and bleeding despite all the Aquaphor in the world.

As a side point anyone have a pain free way to clean her nose? (She is so traumatized right now). Tried lotion tissues, warm wet washcloth, saline wipes..

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:24 am
My kids had tubes so I'm not against them . It was great. How's your child's speech? Does he have fluids in his ears?

From experience (double digit size family) I never saw major improvement with vitamins.
I don't think it's true that toddlers don't have seasonal allergies.
He can also be allergic to environmental stuff like dust or mold.(very hard to get rid of)
Gluten free diet is a big deal.
Stop yogurts for a few weeks and see if it improves. Try over the counter allergy meds like Claritin or zyrtec. Give religiously every day for at least 3 weeks before you give up. If one doesn't work, try a differen antihistamine.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:27 am
amother Geranium wrote:
My kids had tubes so I'm not against them . It was great. How's your child's speech? Does he have fluids in his ears?

From experience (double digit size family) I never saw major improvement with vitamins.
I don't think it's true that toddlers don't have seasonal allergies.
He can also be allergic to environmental stuff like dust or mold.(very hard to get rid of)
Gluten free diet is a big deal.
Stop yogurts for a few weeks and see if it improves. Try over the counter allergy meds like Claritin or zyrtec. Give religiously every day for at least 3 weeks before you give up. If one doesn't work, try a differen antihistamine.

Yes to fluid, slight speech delay that is improving with therapy bh.

Thank you, I think we'll try stopping yogurts and antihistamines

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:27 am
amother OP wrote:
Can my regular pediatrician do allergy testing, or do I need to go to an allergist?

Why would gluten cause a runny nose?

PS pediatrician claims she is too young to have seasonal allergies (even though I have them so its definitely in her genes) Confused

My kids all had seasonal allergies starting as babies. Nonsense that it’s too young.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics