Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Learners permit

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 6:35 pm
What does ds need to get his learners permit?
Do I need an appointment?

Tia!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 7:22 pm
look on the website for your state.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 7:59 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
look on the website for your state.

Thank you for responding
I tried and I'm still confused I am hoping someone whos child recently got a learners permit can help me

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 8:09 pm
You’ll need to make an appointment to go to the DMV with all of his papers (proof of residence and birth certificate, I think.) and take the written test. Then you take a picture and a vision test, pay and they will mail you the permit.

If you are a AAA member you can do this at a AAA regional office and it’s much easier and quicker than the DMV. You will need to make your son a member too, though. They will do that for free until your renewal date.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 8:11 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
You’ll need to make an appointment to go to the DMV with all of his papers (proof of residence and birth certificate, I think.) and take the written test. Then you take a picture and a vision test, pay and they will mail you the permit.

If you are a AAA member you can do this at a AAA regional office and it’s much easier and quicker than the DMV. You will need to make your son a member too, though. They will do that for free until your renewal date.

Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries