Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Was she obligated to tell me?
Previous  1  2

Simple1

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 9:35 am
Putting allergies aside, she should have told you that you are getting a dairy free product. Milk is a main ingredient in iced coffee so the flavor is going to be very different. Same if they would have given parve ice cream instead of milchig. It’s a different product you are getting.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 8:20 pm
ok thanks everyone! got some food for thought

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 8:31 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Putting allergies aside, she should have told you that you are getting a dairy free product. Milk is a main ingredient in iced coffee so the flavor is going to be very different. Same if they would have given parve ice cream instead of milchig. It’s a different product you are getting.

Yup. Your treat was NOT Cholov Yisrael !

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 8:37 pm
Unreal to make iced coffee with almond milk and sell it as regular. That is just bait and switch. I would rather no iced coffee than almond milk iced coffee. That is not a treat. I wouldn't want to hire her again.

momtoesty

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 9:29 pm
amother Apple wrote:
For the record, my ice coffee recipe has almond extract in it.

I would never assume anything to be nut free.

Almond extract is artificial.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 9:43 pm
I just had kinda the opposite happen to me-I ordered an ice coffee at Starbucks and asked for oat milk (because I don’t eat CS). I get it and look at the label and see that it says “whole milk”. I brought it to their attention and and they made me a new drink, but one sip and it was definitely still milk
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics