Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pinworms in 8 year old

glicklech

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 6:03 pm
My daughter is turning 8 soon and I'm still cleaning out her pinworms almost every night.
I tried medication a few times. Prescription and over the counter, always repeating 2 weeks later.
I also tried the vitamin from Zahlers for a month and thats not working either.
Garlic, vasaline and everything else doesnt help.
Any ideas?
Is she ever gonna outgrow it?

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 6:15 pm
Take her off sugar

glicklech

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 6:17 pm
I forgot to say. I definitely see more when she eats sugar. But other days she also has at least one or two.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 6:19 pm
What does tht mean cleaning them out of her ? U go collecting them ?
My daughter had tht I couldn’t get rid of, she was on prescription for 4 months straight every 2 weeks . Finally went away after tht .
My son also had tht wouldn’t go away ( not same time as daughter) he eventually outgrew it
They basiclly each went thru a year separately of constantly having it , and then eventually went away. Nothing worked . Now they’ll get it here and there but I give them meds and they stop complaining bh

glicklech

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 6:24 pm
Yes. She begs me to take them out.
You got a prescription from the doctor for 4 months? I only get approved for twice a year, 2 pills

tweety1

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 6:30 pm
Pindrops from herbari saved my sanity. It's the only thing that worked for my kids

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 6:31 pm
You can try happy from bioray, but ultimately you need to clean up her gut or they will.keep coming back

glicklech

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 7:02 pm
Thank you. I'll try those 2

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 7:05 pm
Not to hijack this thread but reading through this thread opened my eyes. I have a 4yr old who has been urinating frequently non stop actually for a couple week and always holding her v@gina. I wonder now if it’s pinworms…did a urine sample and it was negative so I assumed it was anxiety as she’s HFASD. Can pinworms cause frequent urination??

glicklech

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 7:09 pm
So interesting that you are bringing it up. My daughter also has frequent urination and all tests came back fine.
You think it's connected? I would think pediatrician would mention something.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 8:03 pm
glicklech wrote:
Yes. She begs me to take them out.
You got a prescription from the doctor for 4 months? I only get approved for twice a year, 2 pills

Yes I did

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 8:49 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
Not to hijack this thread but reading through this thread opened my eyes. I have a 4yr old who has been urinating frequently non stop actually for a couple week and always holding her v@gina. I wonder now if it’s pinworms…did a urine sample and it was negative so I assumed it was anxiety as she’s HFASD. Can pinworms cause frequent urination??

Yes, they can cause this, and accidents as well.

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:14 am
Keep her fingernails really short. And everyone else's in the house. The pinworm eggs can get stuck under the finger nails and re-ingested.

Make sure to wash your fruits and vegetables very well and don't let her play in dirt.

Someone told me to put A LOT of diaper rash cream over the tush hole before bed and leave it there all night - do it every night for two weeks, apparently this suffocates them. I haven't tried it though.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:30 am
amother Celeste wrote:
Keep her fingernails really short. And everyone else's in the house. The pinworm eggs can get stuck under the finger nails and re-ingested.

Make sure to wash your fruits and vegetables very well and don't let her play in dirt.

Someone told me to put A LOT of diaper rash cream over the tush hole before bed and leave it there all night - do it every night for two weeks, apparently this suffocates them. I haven't tried it though.

May I add: washing hands with soap and water several times a day and a must after using the bathroom. This goes for *everyone* including the very young till they very old. Good hand hygiene is essential and nobody has an exemption.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:46 pm
Which vitamins from zahlers?

Lotti

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 3:38 pm
Which meds do they give prescription? Is Vermox available?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics