Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
If your DH is a chazzan for the yomim noraim....how much $
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 12:39 pm
Be honest
1. Your are extremely grateful and interested
2. Things have gotten very expensive
3. Is it possible for $2400, if not you are still interested

amother
Outerspace

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:08 pm
I don't think anyone has mentioned that the sefardi davening on Rosh Hashana is significantly shorter than the Ashkenazim, in terms of actual pages of tephilah. That might explain the lower rate compared to the Ashkenazim posting here?

cbg

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:24 pm
amother Outerspace wrote:
I don't think anyone has mentioned that the sefardi davening on Rosh Hashana is significantly shorter than the Ashkenazim, in terms of actual pages of tephilah. That might explain the lower rate compared to the Ashkenazim posting here?

On Yom Kippur as well? With all the selichot?

amother
Outerspace

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:46 pm
cbg wrote:
On Yom Kippur as well? With all the selichot?

I wrote on Rosh Hashana

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 7:39 pm
1000 was for two days only mussaf
(chassidish)

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 7:46 pm
amother Puce wrote:
I'm sure my husband can show you a halachic source for why it's best to do it for free. Want me to ask him?

I think they are actually supposed to pay the Baal Tefilla, my DH does part of the YK davening and they insist on giving him 180 every year because they are supposed to

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 7:57 pm
amother Heather wrote:
Wow and I thought they did it for free.

Mine does:-)

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 8:19 pm
My husband did it 2 years free and 3 years paid and going for a 4th. No training and he does it more as a chessed for a small older shul. We get to stay by family which we would probably do anyways. I think last year he got 2500- he got a little more each year. He's really not in it for the money though and its just a nice deal for us to spend yt with family and we can use the extra non taxed cash. never really asked for more cause we know were not getting more than that and he was never seeking this out so we just view it as an extra. Its also a really low pressure type of shul.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 11:04 pm
My husband Davens all Tefilos on RH and YK in a shul that does not have a membership as it's not a regular all year shul, so they don't pay. There is one guy who usually gives him about $1000 as a token.
My DH feels it's an honor to Daven in a place that is set up for people that can't buy seats. He's doing this for many many years.

greeneyed

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 11:36 pm
amother Silver wrote:
I think 7k is average (for just let’s say mussaf)
Though dh friend lucked out and makes 30k for r’h & y’k (And doesn’t necessarily do a better job than my husband or others I know, just his good Mazel and name out there).

Where do you live and what nusach?

My husband is incredibly talented and professionally trained and has been davening for litvish yeshivish places for 14 years. We are in the Lakewood area. He makes about $2500
He works crazy hard for it preparing and on the days themselves is wiped …
I feel like he should be getting paid significantly more.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 12:03 am
greeneyed wrote:
Where do you live and what nusach?

My husband is incredibly talented and professionally trained and has been davening for litvish yeshivish places for 14 years. We are in the Lakewood area. He makes about $2500
He works crazy hard for it preparing and on the days themselves is wiped …
I feel like he should be getting paid significantly more.

This is nusach sefard (ashkenaz)
Probably very different than litvish davening. I think there’s a lot more singing involved and knowing which tune to what.
(But this May just be an assumption)

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 1:16 am
amother Puce wrote:
I'm sure my husband can show you a halachic source for why it's best to do it for free. Want me to ask him?

Sure!! Just to make me feel
Better Smile

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 2:58 am
amother Nemesia wrote:
My husband Davens all Tefilos on RH and YK in a shul that does not have a membership as it's not a regular all year shul, so they don't pay. There is one guy who usually gives him about $1000 as a token.
My DH feels it's an honor to Daven in a place that is set up for people that can't buy seats. He's doing this for many many years.

That's beautiful
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries