Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Double stroller, sit and stand, baby wear?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 3:43 am
I would have added this to MrsLeo's thread, but I can't post anonymously and I'm not ready to 'come out' since I'm not quite 8 weeks yet. I realize I have time, but we might have family visiting us in a couple months and if we can get family to bring it to us rather than ship it, it would help tremendously.

I'm starting to think about double strollers a bit too... tandem vs side-by-side. Or possibly wearing the newborn and keeping the heavier carriage we have. Or wearing the newborn and getting a lightweight stroller. Or getting one of those [url=http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-1582874-1375857?asin=B0010AWGJW&AFID=Nextag&LNM=B0010AWGJW|Baby_Trend_Sit_and_Stand_Stroller_Gray_Mist&ref=tgt_adv_XSN10001]Sit and Stand strollers[/url].

My baby will be 22 months old when I'm due BE"H with the newest arrival. Also, we live in a second story walk-up and don't have a car so we'd be traveling a lot by bus or doing a lot of walking.

Opinions and advice please, Ladies Who Know.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 1:27 pm
bump.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 1:35 pm
my baby will be 19-20 mos when my expected arrival iyh arrives. I am planning to get a side by side stroller. I think the sit and stand is meant for an older toddler. For sure my baby wouldn't stay there for a second. if you give me a budget, I'll rustle up some suggestions

amother

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 1:40 pm
No more than $200.

I also saw The double sit and stand which has a removable back seat.

Not sure if it is suitable for a newborn though.

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 1:47 pm
just from experience, my 22 month old still needs the full stroller seat. there is no way in the world that little bench on the sit n stand would work for us.

OTOH, I posted in the classifieds a while ago about a double stroller I am selling that you may be interested in. go check it out. (its the graco tandem)

momatwork

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 1:48 pm
I also had my kids 22 months apart. I bought the CITY MINI Double Baby jogger. It is well worth it, not very expensive ($350) lightweight, and easy to fold. I would definately reccomend it.

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 1:50 pm
momatwork wrote:
I also had my kids 22 months apart. I bought the CITY MINI Double Baby jogger. It is well worth it, not very expensive ($350) lightweight, and easy to fold. I would definately reccomend it.

this is the one I have, and I'm also thrilled with it, but OP said she didnt want to spend that much. What

zigi

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 8:52 am
I have the regular sit and stand the one with the back seat sounds very good, if your toddler still falls asleep if you are out for a long time. the regular sit and stand its very uncomfortable for the child to sleep. the sun sheild broke off after the first few months of using the stroller. the sheild doesn't fold that well. it snapped of after folding the stroller. other wise its a great stroller. I got it of craigslist. some one used it for a few times and then sold it in very good condtion. I had it for a year and used it almost everyday. I could fit 3 kids on there, the baby in the front, one kid sitting and the other standing.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 8:58 am
why don't you look on ebay (or even craigslist). I just found my sil a stroller for her budget. it was new in the box, but not this years model. this way you might actually get to keep your monetary investment- it won't fall asleep so quickly. I don't thnk the sit and stan would be suitable for either of your kids. younger toddlers need a real seat with a harness.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 9:50 am
momatwork wrote:

does a car seat fit on it?

chaylizi

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 9:53 am
amother wrote:
momatwork wrote:

does a car seat fit on it?

I understand that you can balance a car seat on the bumper bar. I have heard of many people who can & do it successfully. but it is not made to take a car seat. I don't know if that helps or not. I understand they are working on the car seat compatibility issue though, so it might very well be the case by the time you have your baby. especially since you are only 8 weeks- probably all the new 2009 strollers will be out by then.

mamacita

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 10:09 am
I sometimes wear one and put the other my umbrella stroller and mine are closer in age and in size. Sometimes it's just easier/lighter than a double stroller. Depends where we are going, for how long, and when nap time is.

avimom

Post Wed, Jul 30 2008, 8:24 pm
another for the city mini- I love it!! don't know where she got it for $350 though. It has a set price from the company- $400. I tried out some other ideas. DS couldn't balance on a buggy board, baby was too heavy to wear, and DS still needed a full reclining seat so sit in stand was out of the question. old double maclaren I had was much too hard to push. I walk everywhere and this was perfect for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics