Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Changing one year old diaper vent

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:10 am
Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head

Tips for getting a squirmy (very strong) baby to keep from flipping over immediately??

Toys don't help

hodeez

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:16 am
Force

Sebastian

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:18 am
Change with one hand and press your arm against their hip bones with the other

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:35 am
I give my baby my phone with it on the locked screen. Works often and if she gets the camera page then I sometimes get adorable pics out of it.

Tickling and interacting with her also works sometimes. Keep eye contact with her as much as possible and entertain her.

Good luck! I wonder when our babies will get easier about laying down and not fighting us.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:44 am
Sebastian wrote:
Change with one hand and press your arm against their hip bones with the other

How would you do this with a dirty diaper? The second he's a drop off the changing surface he has enough leverage to flip

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:45 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
I give my baby my phone with it on the locked screen. Works often and if she gets the camera page then I sometimes get adorable pics out of it.

Tickling and interacting with her also works sometimes. Keep eye contact with her as much as possible and entertain her.

Good luck! I wonder when our babies will get easier about laying down and not fighting us.

Thanks!

Yup interacting helps sometimes if he is in the mood.. if he wants to go go go nothing helps!!

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 10:21 am
amother OP wrote:
Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head

Tips for getting a squirmy (very strong) baby to keep from flipping over immediately??

Toys don't help

My baby is the same way, almost since day one, only he’s not yet a year. Occasionally I will put my leg over his abdomen and just gently hold him down.
Yesterday while I was changing him, he flipped himself off the couch. BH I was able to catch his leg, and he didn’t actually fall. He thought the whole thing was a riot, he was laughing away!!

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 10:22 am
amother Eggshell wrote:

What about on shabbos and Yom tov?
It gets easier when they don’t need diaper changing anymore!

miami85

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 10:24 am
There are times I've done standing diaper changes. But yea it's hard, sometimes my husband and I have had to tag-team and work together. But giving them something to hold--book/toy rattle something does make it easier.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 10:24 am
I do standing changes for 1 year olds.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 10:31 am
miami85 wrote:
There are times I've done standing diaper changes. But yea it's hard, sometimes my husband and I have had to tag-team and work together. But giving them something to hold--book/toy rattle something does make it easier.

Maybe standing changes would work. You use a pull up? How do you do a standing change for dirty diapers?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics