Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Succah procrastinating husband
Previous  1  2

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 12:57 pm
My DH is like this too. I have to walk a fine line because he gets annoyed if I come across as nagging (which, duh, I am, just have to be more subtle about it Smile).

This year it's taken the form of watching the weather report because it's supposed to rain a lot tomorrow where we live. I just keep saying "oh, it's going to pour all day tomorrow, I guess we'd better get the schach and lights up beforehand or you'll be out in the pouring rain... I'm only available at x time today if you need my help.

Our sukkah is also not a standard kit so it's not like we can just have some teens put it up. I think once you've reminded, it's time to step away and work on the stuff you can control. Wishing you a smooth erev YT!

metacognizant

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 12:58 pm
Update. I nagged over text instead of verbally and he got right on it. So weird. I need to remember that my husband finds verbal prompts threatening but not so with texts most of the time. He’s doing it now and actually being really nice about it. But we have a thunder storm beginning in 2 hours and going through the night, joy.

Last edited by metacognizant on Thu, Sep 28 2023, 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 7:08 pm
metacognizant wrote:
Update. I nagged over text instead of verbally and he got right on it. So weird. I need to remember that my husband finds verbal prompts threatening but not do with texts most of the time. He’s doing it now and actually being really nice about it. But we have a thunder storm beginning in 2 hours and going through the night, joy.

LOL Glad he started moving.

I'm still waiting over here Can't Believe It

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 7:12 pm
It took me nine years of complaining while the sukkah was completed 5 minutes before yom tov. This year 10 Bh! I decided to let go and guess what. Last night he hired a bochur to help him in the am… it’s built. It’s history. I guess cuz I didn’t say a word…

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 7:15 pm
It's nice to see that I'm not alone!

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 7:15 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
LOL Glad he started moving.

I'm still waiting over here Can't Believe It

Ha. Same. But I just don't even care. The food is all cooked bh. So if there is no sukkah guess who can't eat it. I know he will pull through at literally the last second so why obsess and stress. It won't change anything.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics