Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Ive been through many challenges and bh came out strong AMA

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 3:39 pm
Disclaimer. I don't consider myself anyone super special nor am I a famous person who influences others out there, but rather a simple mother and wife. I was first reluctant for a while to start this thread but for hashems honor and the strength he gave me and the open hand he showed me so many times during my extreme difficulty I am opening starting this thread.
You can ask me what you want but if it's something I feel might give me away I won't answer. (And there are few people who know me IRL as well that might be able to identify me so I might be a bit more careful)
And again I want to reiterate I am a regular human being like everyone else and also have my ups and downs. But I thank hashem for supporting me through many difficult times.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 3:40 pm
How did you get through them?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 3:41 pm
My heart is with you! I've also been through a lot in my life.
What was your toughest challenge?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 3:50 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
How did you get through them?
generally I would take some time to meditate and thank hashem for all the good I have in my life and would focus on that instead. I would realize that in essence there were many blessings t count as well and I am being tested. Then after all that I would offer a tefilah to hashem to help me.
And to be honest there were also times that I really really was down and upset but somehow somewhere in the process hashem helped me lift myself up a bit.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 3:54 pm
When my youngest child was born, one of my of my older children had developed asd then and was causing lots of problems.I could not watch both my newborn and the older one together.My husband was at work and we didn't have enough money to pay for someone special to come and take care etc...
It was a situation I didn't know what to do and too many responsibilities were on my shoulder at once.

Eta answer to dark khaki

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 4:33 pm
Delete

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 11:24 pm
Are you seeing a therapist? If yes, how long have you been in therapy? How did you find it most helpful?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 11:35 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
Are you seeing a therapist? If yes, how long have you been in therapy? How did you find it most helpful?
no I dont see a therapist. While I definitely don't think therapy is bad , I don't think it helps in all cases.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 11:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
When my youngest child was born, one of my of my older children had developed asd then and was causing lots of problems.I could not watch both my newborn and the older one together.My husband was at work and we didn't have enough money to pay for someone special to come and take care etc...
It was a situation I didn't know what to do and too many responsibilities were on my shoulder at once.

Eta answer to dark khaki
this is the case that I felt was was the most pressuring on me. There were many other times where we were in extreme dire situations, such as a child chv having major vision challenges and most doctors didn't have hope .... that story though was a real miracle which till this day I thank hashem for.
Another child was in a medical situation where standard medication was not working and they wanted to do chemotherapy chv.... (This was not the machla) and there was a 50 percent chance that chemotherapy wouldn't work either. Again hashem through his abundant chesseed helped us out and showed us his kindness. (This case I have actually posted in the past with more detail)

amother
Valerian

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 11:46 pm
Do you feel like you’ve been through more than most people? Asking because I’ve been through an insane amount and I always think that maybe I’m going through more than the average person…but the again, everyone goes through things. (For me my biggest ones were…major medical crises with one of my kids where Docs had no hope, relative molesting another one of my kids, husband trying to kill himself, major major financial stresses, and then the ‘minor things’ like kids ADD, a bunch of surgeries…..)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 12:00 am
amother Valerian wrote:
Do you feel like you’ve been through more than most people? Asking because I’ve been through an insane amount and I always think that maybe I’m going through more than the average person…but the again, everyone goes through things. (For me my biggest ones were…major medical crises with one of my kids where Docs had no hope, relative molesting another one of my kids, husband trying to kill himself, major major financial stresses, and then the ‘minor things’ like kids ADD, a bunch of surgeries…..)
I feel sorry for what you had to go through may hashem gove the strength not only to make it through but also tonrise from all these challenges.
To answer your question, I do think that I have more challenges than others (and when my son for example tells me but I'ma everyone has something I sometimes say , 1 or 2 not 100) but never the lessi also feel that hashem gave me a unique strength to have the capacity to move on...( from the list you have I can say we share some of the challenges but not all)
The end of the day I always wish and still wish never to have to go through these and bh at this time some more mazal and super hashgacha pratis has been coming into our life, but when having a challenge the essential reason is usually to grow from it and show your dedication and emuna in hashem.
I also feel that sometimes when you daven if you feel stuck on one of the challenges you can demand hashem to help you and tell him , that he gave you this to grow from it and therefore he must give you the tools to be able to do that.

thegiver

Post Fri, Oct 13 2023, 12:21 am
What phrase or song helped you stay afloat? Or tefilla?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics