Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
I panicked and took dd out of seminary
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 9:41 am
Did she want to go home?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 9:54 pm
amother Oatmeal wrote:
Did she want to go home?

No

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 9:56 pm
Deleted

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 9:57 pm
Op, keep her home another 2 weeks. We have no clue where this is headed. If she’s home already, don’t rush to send her back!

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 10:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
No

Is she angry and resentful? I understand your predicament. I truly do. I have a son in yeshiva there, that has no guidance or supervision and I felt a need to bring him home. At the same time I knew I was wanting to bring him home for me and not necessarily what’s best for him. It’s hard and I do a lot of work on myself. Every time something happens I’m nervous all over again. Perhaps it what was needed for you and your family. With the newest incident of the hospital bombing I’m again extremely nervous. Perhaps this is what was needed for you and your family. If you have the financial means to send her back, and she’s angry and resentful that she’s home, it maybe worthwhile considering sending her back and getting yourself emotional support (that all mothers in this situation need). There are multiple webinars now for supporting parents with children in Israel. It took the organizations a few days to organize and you probably brought her home before you knew of available support so I understand. The supports you need for yourself are now available and won’t be as bad. It’s still hard but not like it was in the beginning.

mommish613

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 10:45 pm
It’s a hard time for all of us- those who brought our kids home those whose kids are still there. Don’t overly question yourself- you did what many people did and for good reason.

I miss my daughter so much 😢. Times like these make me wish she was home although I was the one who pushed her thru and encouraged her to stay.

May we see a yeshua soon bkarov

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 10:54 pm
Tell her you’re hoping things will quiet down soon and she can go back very soon. Hopefully it will be in a few weeks.
It’s hard for her now because she’s suddenly back home with nothing to do every day. This wasn’t supposed to happen.

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 11:32 pm
There are so many chesed opportunities. Chai lifeline, kochavim, kapayim, tantzers... She can help Young families by watching kids while parents vacation ect

giftedmom

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 11:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
She wants to go back. Does it make sense to send her back this week?

Please before making a decision like that check the news. There is a lot happening and it’s going to get worse.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 11:40 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Please before making a decision like that check the news. There is a lot happening and it’s going to get worse.

Please speak with your Rav and ignore the imamother neviim. Nobody knows what will occur and is best to consult with a Rav that way you will have peace of mind knowing whatever you do is with guidance of Daas Torah.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 11:44 pm
giftedmom wrote:

You maybe a gifted mom but you’re not a Navi so please don’t give nevuah you have absolutely no way of knowing. For all you know it will be more dangerous in USA next few weeks then it is in Israel. The Navi and mefarshim say it will be safer in Eretz Yisroel in the days before mashiach.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info