Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Miss a week and a half of school?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 9:02 am
Obviously we will have to see what the situation is closer but I can't think about that now. I don't even plan on doing touring, just walking around and spending time with family.

I'm just wondering how much difference there is between missing a week and missing a week and a half. I think I will speak to the high school principal.

I will add, my husband can't come for the first week due to work, and he doesn't like us to be separated, but if I went then I would be there for a parents Yahrtzeit. I feel stupid going to Israel and missing the Yahrtzeit by a few days.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 9:10 am
Ask all the teachers for the material. Some will have it, and some not. It won’t make a difference in the big picture. Especially if the kid is a normal good student.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 9:36 am
I’ve done this exact thing with my kids. The rabbeim sent paper and the boys learnt with dh every morning and all the kids had to read and journal every day for few minutes. We have such wonderful memories from those trips and iyh will be doing it again next yr.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 10:19 am
amother OP wrote:
Obviously we will have to see what the situation is closer but I can't think about that now. I don't even plan on doing touring, just walking around and spending time with family.

I'm just wondering how much difference there is between missing a week and missing a week and a half. I think I will speak to the high school principal.

I will add, my husband can't come for the first week due to work, and he doesn't like us to be separated, but if I went then I would be there for a parents Yahrtzeit. I feel stupid going to Israel and missing the Yahrtzeit by a few days.

Is the parent buried in Israel?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 12:49 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:
Is the parent buried in Israel?

Yes
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics