Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How come Yeshivas Mir is calling back the bochurim?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

unexpected

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 7:58 am
I have 2 boys learning in EY, didn’t come home for Succos. Bec of the situation my husband and I took the whole fam to Israel. We are not in Yerushalayim with the boys but I feel much better about it. My younger kids are in school here, they have siren drills like we had fire drills in America.
I ttlly get all the ppl who have a hard time sending their kids back. I would be so nervous! BH we were able to come here. My husband always says no matter what EY is the safest place to be... you have to be here to believe it

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:43 am
amother OP wrote:
My entire family lives there. They have a very different mentality than us and that is ok.

I can respect them and still not live that way.

Maybe it doesn't sound careless for you but for me it sounds careless to make boys come back to a terror/war ridden country now.

We can have a difference of opinion and still love each other.

I want to hear from mothers that don't live there and don't have that mentality.

I don’t live there. My son is in yeshiva there and there’s no way he thought about coming home for even a second. I was nervous the first few days , but I’m totally fine now. Now I want to move there. It’s become extremely obvious that it is safer there then it is here. The neviim tell us it will be safer in Eretz Yisroel and it’s becoming very obvious that is the case. You’re living under a false sense of security. You are far from safe in USA/Canada/UK. Yerushlayim is much safer for multiple reasons. I wish I could move there.

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:45 am
unexpected wrote:
I have 2 boys learning in EY, didn’t come home for Succos. Bec of the situation my husband and I took the whole fam to Israel. We are not in Yerushalayim with the boys but I feel much better about it. My younger kids are in school here, they have siren drills like we had fire drills in America.
I ttlly get all the ppl who have a hard time sending their kids back. I would be so nervous! BH we were able to come here. My husband always says no matter what EY is the safest place to be... you have to be here to believe it

When did you go? You just made Aliyah on the spur of the moment? How did you do it? How did you get your kids into school? How are they adjusting? I’m dying to do that but everyone is telling me it’s not realistic. Please let me know what you did. I really want to move to Eretz Yisroel

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:47 am
How is America safer???
Look at the shooting that happened...

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:14 am
amother Burntblack wrote:
How is America safer???
Look at the shooting that happened...

Let’s not kid ourselves. Anerica is safer Al pi derech hateva. 22 people out of 400 million shot in a random state doesn’t compare to thousands of deadly rockets being shot at you and a restless Arab population that has smuggled in tens of thousands of assault rifles in the West Bank just a few minutes drive away who would like nothing better than giving up their lives to kill a Jew. This even if there are intercepts that neutralize most of the rockets.

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:19 am
amother Coffee wrote:
Let’s not kid ourselves. Anerica is safer Al pi derech hateva. 22 people out of 400 million shot in a random state doesn’t compare to thousands of deadly rockets being shot at you and a restless Arab population that has smuggled in tens of thousands of assault rifles in the West Bank just a few minutes drive away who would like nothing better than giving up their lives to kill a Jew. This even if there are intercepts that neutralize most of the rockets.

America might be safer at the moment, and as soon as war breaks out no place will be safe.
Let's not kid ourselves. We are at the brink of a war. It's unavoidable at this point. When that happens I can guarantee you that the size of a country or it's ethnicity will make a very small difference. If there's no place safe, why not be in Israel?

unexpected

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 4:39 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
When did you go? You just made Aliyah on the spur of the moment? How did you do it? How did you get your kids into school? How are they adjusting? I’m dying to do that but everyone is telling me it’s not realistic. Please let me know what you did. I really want to move to Eretz Yisroel

We came on tourist visas right after Succos. Rented an apt, bought furniture, we belong to a chassidus- so put all the kids in our schools. My husband works remotely, so hard hours but we are happy to be here and “trying it out”. My kids are like everyone else here- scared but having a hard time holding on to the fear bec everything is so normal. Also the language is not so much fun but they are actually making friends and having an adventure. Everyone told us we were not being realistic as well but we figured to take it day by day and see how it goes.

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 4:52 pm
amother Coffee wrote:

Maybe its safer al pi derech hateva, but we know that that is not how Hashem always works, right?
There have been so many different types of miracles in israel beyond nature.
Rhats how it is in Hashem's home.

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 7:31 pm
unexpected wrote:
We came on tourist visas right after Succos. Rented an apt, bought furniture, we belong to a chassidus- so put all the kids in our schools. My husband works remotely, so hard hours but we are happy to be here and “trying it out”. My kids are like everyone else here- scared but having a hard time holding on to the fear bec everything is so normal. Also the language is not so much fun but they are actually making friends and having an adventure. Everyone told us we were not being realistic as well but we figured to take it day by day and see how it goes.

I wish I could do that but my husband would never agree

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 7:35 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
Maybe its safer al pi derech hateva, but we know that that is not how Hashem always works, right?
There have been so many different types of miracles in israel beyond nature.
Rhats how it is in Hashem's home.

The teva is already changing and it will continue to. Guaranteed Israel is safer as we are told that by the neviim. Besides the fact that even according to nature Israel is safer because Israel knows and understands its enemy. I can’t say the same for USA/Canada/ UK if /when they are attacked it will be a lot worse and complete mayhem. Even according to nature there will be no safer place then yerushlayim if this becomes a world war

jd1212

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 7:41 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
I really hope you didnt mean careless.

I think she meant care-free or easygoing

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:31 pm
amother Coffee wrote:

America is now officially at war. Is it still safer?

Petra

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:40 pm
amother cornflower wrote:

How do you figure? Did the President declare war?

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:42 pm
amother cornflower wrote:

No it's not. To be officially at war it would need to be officially announced. I scanned all the headlines. No such mention anywhere.

NechaMom

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:44 pm
amother Clematis wrote:
No it's not. To be officially at war it would need to be officially announced. I scanned all the headlines. No such mention anywhere.

There was a small kerfuffle and hopefully it ends there! https://www.defense.gov/News/R.....rces.

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 1:04 am
Unexpected-
Kol HaKavod!
You are a hero!
What an amazing thing you did!

(Not undermining anyone who is scared)

amother
Snow

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 1:14 am
This is it! Hold on tight! May Hashem Protect us all wherever we are and need to be now!

Marion

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 1:35 am
Jerusalem is not a war zone. Full stop. They are doing what every other school/yeshiva/ulpan/seminary in the country is doing...working with the Home Front Command's regulations about what is allowed and where and acting accordingly.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics