Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DD10 bladder control when laughing

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 6:33 am
DD10 was toilet trained very easily, day and night at the age of 2. They issue we have always had is, that if she laughs too hard she owes in her pants and needs to change.
How can I strengthen her bladder at this age?

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 6:58 am
See a pediatric pelvic floor therapist.. she may have tightness etc too

Orangehead

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 7:01 am
It’s called giggle incontinence. There are treatments. Speak to a urologist

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 9:02 am
I had this my whole life, and it was only after I had my 3rd kid and had a diastasis recti, that I enrolled in MUTU mamas online program, did all the exercises etc and drastically improved my diastasis recti-and lo and behold I no longer pee when I laugh!
Crazy that I couldve taken care of it years earlier, I just didnt know

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 9:14 am
I always had it!
Interestingly enough after having kids it stopped. (I always did my kegels religiously. Maybe that's why?)
And ironically I have a large large bladder capacity.
I'd rarely use the toilet in any place other than home. Not even school so I wouldn't go for 10 hours or more if I wasn't home. Never had any issue holding it in.

There was one time when I was very sick in the icu w a million different iv bags that of course eneded up in my bladder.... I wasn't able to relax/open my muscles to pee for hours on end. (I mean, who can pee in a bedpan????) They checked via ultrasound and it was waaaay too full the nurse was amazed. Lol. They ended up needing to put in a catheter and I had 1000 ml in there. More than a full wine bottle (750 ml) Hiding

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 9:22 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:
I always had it!
Interestingly enough after having kids it stopped. (I always did my kegels religiously. Maybe that's why?)
And ironically I have a large large bladder capacity.
I'd rarely use the toilet in any place other than home. Not even school so I wouldn't go for 10 hours or more if I wasn't home. Never had any issue holding it in.

There was one time when I was very sick in the icu w a million different iv bags that of course eneded up in my bladder.... I wasn't able to relax/open my muscles to pee for hours on end. (I mean, who can pee in a bedpan????) They checked via ultrasound and it was waaaay too full the nurse was amazed. Lol. They ended up needing to put in a catheter and I had 1000 ml in there. More than a full wine bottle (750 ml) Hiding
Not feeling the urge to go even when your bladder is full is also a symptom of pelvic floor dysfunction. It's not necessarily a superpower Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics