Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Hairbands hurt daughters ears, anything I can do to fix?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:52 am
To make them more comfortable for her? She's a bit sensory, and won't wear them for a minute longer than she has to. Like if we're going out to eat, a simcha etc, I'll want her to at least keep it on for the beginning. Would bandaid help? They're all the same, I've tried different types. She's my only daughter, and looks adorable in headbands Smile

amother
Red

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:55 am
There are plenty other hair accessories she can wear. My girls don't wear headbands for this reason.
I have brought black velvet ribbon that they sometimes wear as a headband. The stores also sell soft headbands that you tie in the back.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:57 am
amother Red wrote:
There are plenty other hair accessories she can wear. My girls don't wear headbands for this reason.
I have brought black velvet ribbon that they sometimes wear as a headband. The stores also sell soft headbands that you tie in the back.

Thanks. I like the velvet ribbon idea. I'll try that. Do you tie at the back under her hair, by her neck?

amother
Red

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. I like the velvet ribbon idea. I'll try that. Do you tie at the back under her hair, by her neck?

Yes.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 10:02 am
What about the headbands that are essentially ribbons? My daughter is ok with those. I secure them with a Bobby pin.

Also, did you try soft hair bands? https://www.tismeaccessories.c.....=Soft

Last edited by SuperWify on Tue, Nov 07 2023, 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

SuperWify

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 10:03 am
Why do I read the thread title as “HUSBAND hurt daughters ears”? Can't Believe It

Last edited by SuperWify on Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 10:03 am
I'm sensory and nothing has ever helped me. Either it bothers my ears or it feels like it's squeezing my head. I feel headbands every second that they're on my head. I buy them for my kids but let them decide if and when they want to wear them.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:01 am
I do clips. DD doesn't keep hairbands on for very long and then she just looks a mess.

kenz

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:04 am
SuperWify wrote:
Why dod I read the thread title as “HUSBAND hurt daughters ears”? Can't Believe It

Same!

mfb

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:13 am
SuperWify wrote:
Why dod I read the thread title as “HUSBAND hurt daughters ears”? Can't Believe It

So did I!
And I thought I was the only one Can't Believe It

mfb

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:14 am
To answer op, my kids are more sensory and don’t wear headbands. I used to buy when they begged for it and now have a container full that never got worn for more than 5 minutes at a time
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics