Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
What’s on the market

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 2:01 am
I’m unexpectedly pregnant after quite a gap and I need to buy a new car seat and stroller.
It’s the first time I’m owning a carbon all my years of being a mother.
A few things that were important in the past might be less so now. It was always important to have a stroller with large wheels so it would push easily. Now I think it’s less important, because I’m mostly driving.
I’d like something that folds small because trunk is barely nonexistent.
Something that pushes smoothly.
Has a reversible seat
The seat lies flat- doesn’t just tilt back
Doesn’t need to be top of the line , but something that will stand up.
Do I get something that the car seat can click into?
Do I buy a used doona for the car so I don’t have to worry about taking up precious trunk space?
I’m not in the US, so I need to buy something that’s available in Israel.
I’m nearly 10 years since having my last child.
Please help!
Oh and I’m also not 20 years old. I don’t need something shticky.
I need practical!

amother
NeonPurple

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 2:24 am
The city mini gt would fit your requirements except for the reversible seat. It's very sturdy, the seat lies flat, it has a great hood and it folds really easily and quite small for a stroller.
You can attach a car seat, or a bassinet. They also make a smaller version called the city tour. Or the city tour lux has a reversible seat.
I personally have managed fine without the doona, but I know for a lot of people it's great. The wheels are small, it's very heavy for a car seat and there's no storage space. Unless you're doing a lot of trips that necessitate you jumping out the car for short trips, I wouldn't say you need a doona.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 2:40 am
I also have a large gap.
I borrowed the yo-yo from my sister for four months. With the newborn seat it was great, but a small basket.
Then I did a simple web search for “best stroller”. I am very happy with what I got.
Search for "best travel stroller". Then search on yad2.co.il

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 3:02 am
the new bugaboo dragonfly is all the rage now. It has a bassinet and reversible seat and takes a car seat but also folds up easy. (tho not the smallest and lightest) If you only want one stroller its great.

amother
Darkblue

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 9:08 am
I just had this, big gap, first time with a car. I'm in Israel too. Definitely get one that can get a car seat, it has been so helpful.

I got the Joie Parcel. I'm happy with it. Nice and light (for when I have to lift it in and out of car or up and down steps - 6.9 kg. It folds small so doesn't take up too much trunk space. Many different car seat brands click in to the adapters. Can get a bassinet that uses the same adapters as the car seat, but don't have to. Bassinet folds flat for better trunk space. It is much cheaper than most full size strollers. It doesn't face both directions though (this didn't matter to me because of the bassinet and car seat which both attach facing me). Suspension isn't the best but if you are in the city and not doing tons of walking it doesn't matter. Lies about 170 degrees flat, but since we had the bassinet and car seat, this was enough, and if we needed to have her in the seat directly for a short time then it was ok (but get a seat pad because the straps are big for a newborn, this makes it a bit smaller and cozier). Hood is a bit smaller like all travel strollers. So there are some downsides, but no stroller is perfect. I am very happy with it.

Other strollers we almost got:
- Nuna Triv or Nuna Triv Next - these weight under 10 kg, high quality, big wheels, accept a nuna car seat (not others as far as I know). I loved it, but it was more expensive. I think you have to get the bassinet. Seat faces both ways, goes flat, has bassinet. Large hood.
- Cybex Mios 1 or 2 or 3 - these weight under 10 kg, high quality, smaller wheels but very good suspension. Accepts many car seats. I loved it, but it was more expensive. I think you have to get the bassinet. Seat faces both ways, goes flat, has bassinet. Large hood.
- Nuna Ixxa - very much like the triv but smaller wheels and much lighter, like 6 kg.
- Baby Boss - they have a few models, all lay flat, reversible seat, big hood. Car seat adapters also, but you have to remove them before folding. Lighter than the Triv or Mios.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 11 2023, 6:12 pm
Thanks for the suggestions.
I’ll look in to them.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 11 2023, 6:12 pm
Iymnok wrote:
I also have a large gap.
I borrowed the yo-yo from my sister for four months. With the newborn seat it was great, but a small basket.
Then I did a simple web search for “best stroller”. I am very happy with what I got.
Search for "best travel stroller". Then search on yad2.co.il

What did you end up getting?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 11 2023, 6:14 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
the new bugaboo dragonfly is all the rage now. It has a bassinet and reversible seat and takes a car seat but also folds up easy. (tho not the smallest and lightest) If you only want one stroller its great.

I think a bugaboo is more than what I’d like to spend for one baby.
I’ve been eyeing it, but I can’t justify it.
And because it’s relatively new on the market I won’t find it second hand
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics