Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Different areas of ramat beit shemesh Aleph

therealdeal1

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 1:25 pm
can someone please break down rbsa for me? we are making aliyah this summer iyh from lakewood area. we are regular frum family with our oldest being 13. I want to know the different areas of town where we would fit in. not looking to break the bank with the newer projects so that would probably leave us with the older parts of town but within there, is it broken down?

Reality

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 1:26 pm
It depends on the apartment. Some have been redone and are beautiful. Others are 25 years old and look it.

Dolly151

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 1:35 pm
Why would you not look into rbs gimmel? It's more for younger families like yourselves and cheaper than aleph and askari nice newer apartments

amother
Brass

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 1:41 pm
Alef is no cheaper then other areas, in fact many people only want to live in alef because the community is more established and there are more shops then in Gimmel.

If you are yeshivish then you would feel most comfortable in the rivivim or mishkanos Yaakov areas.

amother
Brass

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 1:46 pm
Plenty of families that age in alef including myself! My apartment has been completely renovated and looks much newer then gimmel.

Alef had more options for boys schools. Many boys actually travel in from Gimmel.

therealdeal1

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 1:46 pm
thanks, so gimmel is also interesting for us, but it seems like there's only a very small street area that could work (chavakuk) also seems more like israeli leaning and yeshivish. I am looking for the softest landing for my kids but dont want to be in a yeshivish neighborhood. seems like aleph has the biggest mix of types...but the pricing is quite scary!

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 1:47 pm
amother Brass wrote:
Alef is no cheaper then other areas, in fact many people only want to live in alef because the community is more established and there are more shops then in Gimmel.

If you are yeshivish then you would feel most comfortable in the rivivim or mishkanos Yaakov areas.

Agreed.

therealdeal1

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 1:50 pm
I know of m3 which is newer and most expensive, mishkafayim is too new and doesnt have enough amenities yet. dolev is older and rly old looking it seems. are there others? specifically do NOT want to be in yeshivish part of town. looking to send our kids to netzach for reference

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 2:02 pm
therealdeal1 wrote:
I know of m3 which is newer and most expensive, mishkafayim is too new and doesnt have enough amenities yet. dolev is older and rly old looking it seems. are there others? specifically do NOT want to be in yeshivish part of town. looking to send our kids to netzach for reference

Netzach is in mishkafayim so you won't have carpool if you live there. But yes, there's no makolet, but there's no guarantee that you'll be near a makolet in many other areas of aleph anyway. What other amenities are you referring to?

therealdeal1

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 2:15 pm
Amenities meaning stores and places the kids can get to on their own. That's important. So that's why I'm curious about the different pocket neighborhoods within aleph. Or gimmel Even

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 2:48 pm
We send to netzach. Most of us are in alef or hey with very few in gimmel and a few in daled.

therealdeal1

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 3:09 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
We send to netzach. Most of us are in alef or hey with very few in gimmel and a few in daled.

Thanks so much. The families in hey, are they super young? Just don't feel like being thr oldest at age 33. I know it's starting out but if there's enough families there our age range maybe it's an option

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 3:15 pm
therealdeal1 wrote:
Thanks so much. The families in hey, are they super young? Just don't feel like being thr oldest at age 33. I know it's starting out but if there's enough families there our age range maybe it's an option

I’ll be moving there, I’ll a little older than you. I know many netzach parents in their 30s that live there. I can think of at least 8 families off hand in my children’s classes that are these ages. Many 30s and 40s are there.

therealdeal1

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 3:18 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
I’ll be moving there, I’ll a little older than you. I know many netzach parents in their 30s that live there. I can think of at least 8 families off hand in my children’s classes that are these ages. Many 30s and 40s are there.

Can you pm me?

therealdeal1

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 8:37 pm
would actually love to hear from more people who live in hey/neve shamir. if anyone can connect me to people who live there or lives there themselves, please message me

ray family

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 9:05 pm
Does hei have any of the amenities that you’re looking for?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions