Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
If you are a recruiter of any sort... please chime in

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 8:34 pm
So, I am a recruiter with lots of experience
I think I do a pretty good job, and I'm happy with what I'm earning
There has been a course advertised, which claims to be able to teach anybody at any level new skills and techniques
I know recruiting is ever evolving, especially as market trends change
Just can't decide if I'm ready to spend/invest in this course - like what can it offer?

I spoke to one of the people running it, and it does sound like it would be beneficial for anyone, and that it covers some real hot recruiter topics

wwyd?
( yes, one additional hire made because of this will more than pay off the course . But there are no guarantees)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 12:15 am
Any input or opinions appreciated

TwoPopcorns

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 12:24 am
Sorry I can't help with your question but just curious where you're a recruiter? Maybe you can help me Smile

Bleemee

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 12:26 am
I am not a recruiter but I can share my unsolicited opinion.
Can you speak to some people who took this course and ask them detailed questions about their own before and after.
If it sounds good then I guess take the risk.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 3:51 pm
Thanks!
Appreciate it
Its the first time of such a course... Thats the trouble.
I specialize in a specific niche of recruiting for licensed indaviduals....
But wud love to help if I can!

amother
Nasturtium

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 3:59 pm
Are they going to be running the course again? Then I would wait. I'm not in the same line of work as you, but there was a course I looked at doing, that was just starting out. I joined the second group, where they'd managed to work out some of the kinks and issues they had the first time. Also I was able to talk to people who'd done the course and how they found it. Another thing I liked about the course was the networking opportunities to talk to people in the same field, struggling with the same issues.
It also depends on how much money you're talking and whether you would spend it, even if you didn't find the course that helpful. I've done courses that weren't always that useful but they didn't cost very much, so I didn't mind.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 4:14 pm
Any references they can provide?

Separately, what is the salary range for a recruiting salary?

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 4:29 pm
Personally, I have never met anyone who took these types of courses and didnt regret their decision..

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 4:35 pm
Who’s offering the course? Is it LinkedIn, or just some individual who hung up a shingle? How much does it cost? What are they offering?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 10:03 pm
its being offered by two established and popular recruiters. No knowing if they will do it again, I guess if it will be in demand they will, but so far it's a one-time thing
They are asking for $850 after a promo code is applied
I am pretty sure I can learn something, and as someone mentioned, there is something to the getting to know others in the field and building Community part.
It's just a lot of money to risk in case it turns out to be a nerdy thing that I already have in my pocket

To the one asking what a recruiter salary is
That varies vastly
It depends on the industry, on your niche, if you have your own company or work for somebody or are in-house recruiter and how your payment structure is built
For a good recruiter working for someone it should be at least 75 to 100K or more on a low base pay plus reasonable Commission
On your own it could be higher
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics