Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Lies through his teeth

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:09 am
My 7 year old son is so quick to lie or say things he dosnt mean. He does it in so many different ways. For example when he did something wrong and I told him to go to his room he was crying oww my foot hurts and said my husband pinched him which was obviously not true and its not like he was even near him or touched him at all. He is also very defensive and cant ever be wrong. So if I tell him to wash the dirt off his face he will say I already washed it and sometimes he'll even go wash it after he says it and comes to tell me look my face is clean I dont know what you're talking about. When I ask him to please pick up something he left on floor he'll right away say no I didnt.. I didnt take it out or if I ask him to get his shoes he'll say I know I for sure put it in my closet when he threw it across the room. Another thing is that even when its not anything defensive such as when I say were going to the park he'll say ugh I dont want to go ...when I know he does and of course when I start leaving he'll want to come. If I ever say something like didnt you say you didnt want to? He says I never said that! I have so many more examples just not coming to mind now. Any ideas how to deal with it and work on this issue?

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:22 am
I'm not sure if I'm reading the situation correctly but something about it hit me that it's very much like one of my dc who was very much not grounded. Would you say this child is generally not grounded?

After trying many avenues, I took dc to a kinesiologist and to a craniosacral therapist and bh dc is doing much better now. As I'm reading your post, I'm realizing how much dc improved in so many areas.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:39 am
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "not grounded"? It could be he is..

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 8:27 pm
Anybody else have experience with this or advice?

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 8:34 pm
No advice, but I was similar as a kid. I grew out of it.

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 8:56 pm
I have a son like this, no advice!

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:03 pm
Is it being contrarian rather than not truthful?
What need is he filling with the lies?

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:08 pm
I wouldn't call it lying, he sounds like an intense and maybe insecure child.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children