Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Sem with tti program for oot

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 6:37 am
Hi, our school gave a little pamphlet about the tti seminary program. I see it is different for in town and oot. Can an oot-er who did it please explain what goes into it and in the end what the financial benefit is re the seminary price. My daughter heard it is an intense summer before and after seminary - what exactly does that mean? How much did you actually save on sem? Other benefits or downfalls?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 8:01 am
?

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 8:10 am
Call them, they have great phone support

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 10:23 am
I'm not an expert at all but I'll explain it as much as I understand it.

I can't speak to the exact academics and how that all works, but the financial story is this:
Let's say your daughter goes to seminary at Bnos Tzlafchad. Their tuition is $28,000. You can pay them $28,000 and move on in life.

If you decide to go through a program like TTI, you are actually registered as a student in the college that they are affiliated with in America. Let's say it's New York University for Awesome Students (NYUAS). You pay TTI a fee (maybe they don't charge? I know Maalot Baltimore charges, for example, around $1500). You then pay half your seminary tuition to the seminary directly and the other half to NYUAS. NYUAS will forward the $14,000 directly to your seminary.
However, since you are technically a student in a US college, you can apply for federal financial aid and American scholarships and apply them to the $14,000 that you owe NYUAS. If you just register at Bnos Tzlafchad and pay them you can't get any US based financial aid.
Now if you are a resident of NY, you can get both federal aid AND state aid. But if you live outside of NY, you won't be eligible for as much aid because you can only get federal aid.
So a lot of the finances comes down to how much federal and state aid you are eligible for and whether it makes sense to become a NYUAS student or not.

Then when you come back, TTI/NYUAS cobbles together all your seminary credits and high school credits and have you take more classes/tests/CLEPs, etc and then give you a degree from NYUAS.

nosher1

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 6:22 am
If a family does not qualify for financial aid, is there any benefit in going through TTI?

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:33 am
nosher1 wrote:
If a family does not qualify for financial aid, is there any benefit in going through TTI?

In that case, you can just get the seminary credits thru TTI after seminary. No need to register beforehand.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info