Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Possum method

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 8:33 am
Had anyone tried the possum method for sleeping? If so, what did a typical day look like?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 9:01 am
Not intentionally, but more or less doing it with my eight month old. He's not breastfed though.
We wake up at 7. Bottle. Then we play at home.
He's usually tired by 9 and naps til 1030. Bottle. Then we spend a lot of time outside going on walks or shopping.
Another bottle three hours later and he's usually ready for his next nap by 130/2. For another 1.5 hours. We play more at home or sit on the porch if he's bored.
Three hours after last bottle he gets another one. Then he eats dinner with us a little later. Play together with siblings. Bathtime around 7 and then a other bottle and bed.

He gets a small formula bottle at night and sometimes also water bottle.

Obviously our schedule is flexible. Because it all depends when he's actually tired and how long he sleeps. But this is a pretty common day. I don't dim rooms for sleep during the day but I do close the door. Honestly, there's only so much a baby will nap through, and if he's woken suddenly from a loud bang he wakes up shrieking and is really kvetchy.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 9:07 am
amother Jade wrote:
Not intentionally, but more or less doing it with my eight month old. He's not breastfed though.
We wake up at 7. Bottle. Then we play at home.
He's usually tired by 9 and naps til 1030. Bottle. Then we spend a lot of time outside going on walks or shopping.
Another bottle three hours later and he's usually ready for his next nap by 130/2. For another 1.5 hours. We play more at home or sit on the porch if he's bored.
Three hours after last bottle he gets another one. Then he eats dinner with us a little later. Play together with siblings. Bathtime around 7 and then a other bottle and bed.

He gets a small formula bottle at night and sometimes also water bottle.

Obviously our schedule is flexible. Because it all depends when he's actually tired and how long he sleeps. But this is a pretty common day. I don't dim rooms for sleep during the day but I do close the door. Honestly, there's only so much a baby will nap through, and if he's woken suddenly from a loud bang he wakes up shrieking and is really kvetchy.

Do you have to rock/put him to sleep or does he fall asleep on his own?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 9:27 am
amother OP wrote:
Do you have to rock/put him to sleep or does he fall asleep on his own?

If he has a paci in the crib he'll fall asleep on his own very quickly when he's tired.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics