Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Do you put a mirror in a boys bedroom?
Previous  1  2

Elfrida

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 11:37 am
amother Blush wrote:
You have no mirror in the house?? Like even in the bathroom. I find that fascinating.

At some point we acquired one in the bathroom, but that's still the only one there is.

Growing up, my father never understood how I could put in my contact lenses without a mirror. I always just said that I know where my eyes are!

BadTichelDay

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 12:12 pm
NechaMom wrote:
How do girls style hair without a mirror? Even the simplest hairstyle needs a mirror.

Yeah, and what about head coverings? How do you know your sheitel or tichel or scarf sits straight without a mirror?
And regarding looking down oneself for clothes, it doesn't give an overall impression. Without a mirror, how would I know what's too loose or too tight, especially around the back? How about checking color- and pattern combinations?
Not criticizing, just amazed. Without my full body length mirror, I'd feel helpless.

Our boys don't have mirrors, though. They never mentioned any need and anyway prefer posters as decoration.
Dh uses only the bathroom mirror for his head and face and asks me for whole outfit questions, instead of looking in the mirror. I think it has just never appeared on his radar that one can actually see clothes in a mirror What

Elfrida

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 12:38 pm
BadTichelDay wrote:
Yeah, and what about head coverings? How do you know your sheitel or tichel or scarf sits straight without a mirror?
And regarding looking down oneself for clothes, it doesn't give an overall impression. Without a mirror, how would I know what's too loose or too tight, especially around the back? How about checking color- and pattern combinations?
Not criticizing, just amazed. Without my full body length mirror, I'd feel helpless.

As far as checking pattern combinations go, if I have any doubts I normally lay the clothes out on the bed so I can look at them and decide if I like the combination or not. That only really applies the first time I'm wearing something, anyway, and it's easier to look before I get dressed.

For the rest, I am just very aware of how things feel on me. The positive side of being sensory. If sometimes isn't straight, or is too tight or just sitting wrong, I'll know before I even leave the bedroom.

Probably part of it is just never having got into the habit of using a mirror in the first place.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics