Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
S/o your favorite Jewish videos growing up
Previous  1  2

schoolbus

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 5:08 pm
As a little kid the grandpa hoshea videos. They were so cute!! I remember the menucha books ad in the beginning by heart

Who wants to buy books? Who wants to buy books? Great books fun books interesting books.
Hello do you have any books for us?
Of course! Now let’s see. How about this one…….
And so on…..

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 5:36 pm
See had Miami boys experience with the play about the kid who failed in school and sent him to family in Israel

GrowingUp

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:29 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
Hasc 7 was the play. We loved that concert and watched it over and over. It came on 2 CDs as DVDs weren't a thing then. It had I think 3 stories-the main one running through was the boy with his grandfather, who at the end turned out to have the brother with special needs, and that was when they all sang hamalach and possibly who am I with abie rotenberg. The first story was MBD at the time of the spanish inquisition and something about them missing the boat. Then was the main one with Von Tippish and the boy rabbi. Then was the one set in the snow with the russian or german and MBC came on as soldiers and did the milchoma song.
That was the same year that Miami did their play-on the road to yerushalyim about the boy who davened too fast and messed around and got sent to Israel for the summer and found himself and yiddishkeit. I just remember the song about being a mentsch.
There was a couple of israeli films that we had-one was something about a false moshiach and something to do with a factory.
We also had all the other hasc concerts. There was a couple of Ohel concerts as well.

Thank you!! Was able to find parts of Hasc 7 on YouTube and am currently enjoying it immensely! Bringing back such memories.

GrowingUp

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:43 pm
Uh oh... I went down the rabbit hole of old videos on YouTube. Amazing how much is available online now.

Lovable

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:46 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I’m in all of those!!!! It’s always weird to realize that people actually watched them!

It’s insane that as of summer 2024, it will have been 20 years since we filmed A Light for Greytowers 😅

(Gonna edit and go anonymous in 24 hours)

So cool! Those were our favorites!
Did you play a specific role?

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:47 pm
coffee icecream wrote:
Punchkees
Someone's watching
I'm a chossid
Hand in hand
Bubbies boarding (or as we said it , boring) house Smile

Oh yes!! All of these! Laugh

paperflowers

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:50 pm
My brain keeps trying to say Inspector Gadget, but I know that's not right. Maybe it was called Agent Chesed? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:51 pm
I'm prob a lot younger than most of you here but we def had the Miami experience videos, shmorg videos, secret agent emes, hasc concerts... from outside the camp and the lost song every year in day camp on fast days... gosh it's been a while since I thought about any of these!

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:08 pm
I grew up watching 613 torah avenue bereishis and shmos, malkali and one other one can't remember.
I also got from school a 100 brachos dvd which had games, test, and a few brachos videos r krohn was in it.
When I got older we watched the shmorg and itche kadoozy
In school and camp I watched a lot more. All the videos from cchf and on asarah bteves holocaust/ writing the gemarah time- I vividly remember the blood from cutting their fingers.
I also watched a bunch of robin garbose videos and light for greytowers
The poster who wrote she was in life of greytowers who were you?

Food

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 9:21 am
bigsis144 wrote:
I’m in all of those!!!! It’s always weird to realize that people actually watched them!

It’s insane that as of summer 2024, it will have been 20 years since we filmed A Light for Greytowers 😅

(Gonna edit and go anonymous in 24 hours)

Are you kidding?! I practically still know A Light for Greytowers by heart (and was actually just thinking about it last week)!

Are you comfortable sharing which character you played?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 9:22 am
paperflowers wrote:
My brain keeps trying to say Inspector Gadget, but I know that's not right. Maybe it was called Agent Chesed? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Agent Emes?

Also did anyone else here grow up on the Itche Kadoozy show? (Chabad.org)

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 2:00 pm
Miami boys chior! We knew all the boys names by heart
All the old Hasc concerts
Agent emes too

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 2:17 pm
I loved Amnon Yitzchak videos as a teen. Almost makes me wish I had something similar to show my teens to strengthen their emunah.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics