Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Working as a Bcba

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 10:53 am
Struggling to find clients during the time my kids are in school. Everything seems to be after school hours, which doesn’t work for me as a Mom. I’m regretting going into this field. Any experienced Bcbas here? Does it get better or should I go back to Seit/ p3 which was my former profession?

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 1:16 pm
ABA full day centers usually serve preschool through age 6 or 7. Could you write programming for one and supervise? Other than that, most kids want after school and weekends. You could supervise school based RBTs if you want to travel school to school.....

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:07 pm
Bump. Anyone has insight regarding the current rates in Brooklyn and whether or not it’s possible to get clients during school hours?

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
Bump. Anyone has insight regarding the current rates in Brooklyn and whether or not it’s possible to get clients during school hours?

Its very difficult to get cases during school hours because insurance companies don't fund that anymore

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:12 pm
amother Daphne wrote:
Its very difficult to get cases during school hours because insurance companies don't fund that anymore

So what’s mom to do? I don’t want to work when my kids are home ☹️

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:14 pm
Oy im sorry.has there been a chancge recently? When I was a Seit the last few years there were so many kids getting paras and aba.

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
So what’s mom to do? I don’t want to work when my kids are home ☹️

Its very hard. Call around to different agencies to see what they have available.
Maybe do one night a week of the supervision time and the other days you can do the parent training and treatment planning....

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:21 pm
amother Daphne wrote:
Its very hard. Call around to different agencies to see what they have available.
Maybe do one night a week of the supervision time and the other days you can do the parent training and treatment planning....

Are you a Bcba? Can you suggest some agencies to try? What are the rates?

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
Are you a Bcba? Can you suggest some agencies to try? What are the rates?

Yes, I'm a BCBA. You can message me at hfasdmail@gmail.com, I'll try to help you with agency ideas etc.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:46 pm
I’m not other sure I’m ready to contact someone I don’t know at the moment. Would you pm me if I post under my screen name and then delete?

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m not other sure I’m ready to contact someone I don’t know at the moment. Would you pm me if I post under my screen name and then delete?

Sure

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:49 pm
Deleted
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics