Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Fixing Cross-Eye (strabismus) without surgery
Previous  1  2

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:22 am
I have strabismus. I have been wearing glasses since 18 months. I had a patch over my eye, done extensive eye therapy until 11 years old, then they said it wasn't working anymore. I wasn't a candidate for surgery because it wouldn't help me. I also have eye hand coordination problems and I can't drive because of it.

amother
Wallflower

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 7:20 am
My ds eyes crossed at 3

Ds wore bifocals for many years. At age 9 his vision changed. The eye dr had a challenge finding a script that would work. The dr wanted to do surgery. From day one this dr mentioned that surgery may be an option, but it won't be a permanent fix for ds. He may need to do it multiple times.

We went to Dr Wang for a second opinion. Bh he has been our shaliach. He was able to figure out a script that works for ds. We were also informed that surgery may be necessary one day.

This was a few years ago. We have had out share of ups and downs, but Bh we have been blessed so far. Ds recently passed his road test.

Reason why I'm not running to schedule the surgery is because I was told It won't be permanent solution for DS.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 4:07 pm
Thanks for all the replies

I have the following suggestions

Feldenkrais/ Anat baniel
Patching and drops
Vision therapy and prism glasses

I’m in NY but willing to travel so can you please provide practitioner details? I’m also happy to reach out and find out from them if there’s a similar practitioner in my area.

Thank you all
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics