Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Highchair
Previous  1  2

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:46 pm
I am a little bit of a highchair snob Smile

I have the Abbie beyond highchair: https://www.abiie.com/products.....D_BwE

It's 20% off now!

I love that it is easy to clean and has a very small footprint and the child can be put right up to the table if you remove the tray. But the best feature of all is the adjustable footrest that reaches even small 6 month old babies and the great ergonomic design that helps baby have a good posture. If you do a little research you will see that posture and a foot rest to keep baby's feet stable is SUPER important when it comes to creating good eating habits. It does not fold or recline but I never did understand the need of reclining a highchair - isn't it a choking hazard to have a baby reclining while eating? Maybe someone can explain this to me.

Here is a very good informational post about selecting a good high chair from a feeding therapist who is very popular in the baby lead weaning world.

https://feedinglittles.com/blo.....sters

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 5:51 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
The only thing is ikea is not so great for the little 5-6 month old babies right?

Nope I have it it’s a breeze to clean but two issues very not good for a baby 6 months and also very wide

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 5:53 pm
I'm very happy with my 4 moms high chair. (Same company as the mamaroo) I think it's a bit more expensive but it's small, lightweight and easy to clean. You can remove the tray with 1 hand and it also leans back. My baby is small so I needed something with good support. I know he might outgrow it by 3- but frankly I don't see that many 2 year Olds sitting nicely in high chairs.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 5:54 pm
I really want a new one that has following criteria
good for all ages
narrow
easy to clean
And cheap

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 6:00 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
The only thing is ikea is not so great for the little 5-6 month old babies right?

Wrong 😁 we got the inflatable insert and it worked out just great. I did not want to get it for my oldest because it was so cheaply looking and I was like no way will he be comfortable…
Got it for my second and used it with every kid since. Love it. All the kids have done well. Only downsides for me are the tray is a bit smaller than I would prefer and the legs go out so it can be a tripping hazard if you aren’t careful.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 6:02 pm
Arep wrote:
No one else struggles in removing the tray of the Ikea one? I already broke the plastic little piece that gets pushed into the seat on more than one tray...

Nope. I’m always worried it’s gonna break when I take it off cuz you have to pull so hard but it’s held up fine for 4+ years so far. You hold down one corner and pull up real hard on the other corner (I’m sure you can YouTube how to do it).
I love how easy it is to clean.

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 6:09 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
good for all ages
narrow
easy to clean
And cheap

Honestly: good old fisher price booster. Got it as a second because my kids are close in age and love it for those reasons.

bsy

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 6:13 pm
I like the prince castle. Small footprint and on wheels, east to clean, large tray. There are 2 imitation ones. One my melo baby and one by little luxury. Not cheap but worth it in my opinion.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 6:16 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
good for all ages
narrow
easy to clean
And cheap

Graco whisk slim high chair

cupcake123

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:53 pm
Anyone else have opinions? I can't decide!

em95

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:58 pm
Primo or Babylux
Same things it’s the best!

cupcake123

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:16 pm
Anyone else ?
Should I get the trip trapp? It seems nice but so pricey and I heard the straps are junky

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:30 pm
https://hellomockingbird.com/p.....chair

Love this brand, but obviously no feedback on the highchair yet...it looks amazing though
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics