Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Ideas to save money for families making a Simcha
Previous  1  2

dena613

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 9:39 am
amf wrote:
It's called decorette
I don't know if it has a website
It has faux flowers, tablecloths, some centerpieces and things like trays, vases, candlesticks etc

Yes.

I looked. No website.

But I was there.
Stunning huge showroom, lots of different colors and styles... Really upgrades a simcha

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 11:37 pm
What about housewares for kallahs?
How is it done in other places?

dena613

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 1:55 am
Pretty al hamichya signs to place on tables at kiddushes, vorts

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:28 pm
I wrote that we have a glassware gemach.

We had someone asking if we have vases. At present we don't but what kind of vases would people making a simcha be looking for?

Op Begonia,
What kind of housewares would kallahs need?

peace2

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:44 pm
amother OP wrote:

We had someone asking if we have vases. At present we don't but what kind of vases would people making a simcha be looking for?

Op Begonia,

You could start a vases gemach with some short, some tall and skinny, some tall and wide, some bud vases - they can be very basic but if you have a lot of each option that is helpful to people who want to put flowers on every table or do a big centerpiece with all different size vases. Get those in just glass (the dollar store is great place for cheap glass vases).
If you want to expand it, you can find some cool ones- different color glass, cool shapes, etc and have a few of each of those for people who are looking for something different

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:56 pm
amother OP wrote:

Op Begonia,

Silverware, dishes, kitchen utensils, small appliances, etc.

Busybee5

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:56 pm
peace2 wrote:
You could start a vases gemach with some short, some tall and skinny, some tall and wide, some bud vases - they can be very basic but if you have a lot of each option that is helpful to people who want to put flowers on every table or do a big centerpiece with all different size vases. Get those in just glass (the dollar store is great place for cheap glass vases).
If you want to expand it, you can find some cool ones- different color glass, cool shapes, etc and have a few of each of those for people who are looking for something different

People often like to use specific colours, gold,blush,white etc all different coloured vases.

Librarian

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:58 pm
Nice chairs and or chair covers

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 1:10 pm
I like the idea of chair covers.

How much do they cost? On average how many guests do people making Sheva Brochos or Bar-Mitzvah Seudos have?

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 1:12 pm
dena613 wrote:
Pretty al hamichya signs to place on tables at kiddushes, vorts

Homemade or Lucite?

Librarian

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 1:14 pm
I don't think chair covers cost a lot. They can make a huge difference in the appearance of the room and the borrowers can easily wash them. I would get 150.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 1:27 pm
In 1 colour or say 50 in 3 different colours?

Librarian

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 1:37 pm
I think only in white

Busybee5

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 2:22 pm
I agree, only white

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 5:46 pm
I was at a simcha and at each table was a beautiful bentcher holder with bentchers in it (the kind that you buy in the store that are like slipcovers w 6 or so bentchers). There was a little sticker with the name and number of gemach lilui nishmas so and so. Such a nice thing so hosts dont have to buy bentchers but guests can still bentch w one.

bakingmom

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:02 pm
If you get white chair covers, you could also get colored sashes to go round the chair covers, they don't take up too much space and really upgrade the look. They come in lots of colors, you could build up your color collection over time.

https://www.amazon.com/Spandex.....;th=1

Librarian

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:11 pm
bakingmom wrote:
If you get white chair covers, you could also get colored sashes to go round the chair covers, they don't take up too much space and really upgrade the look. They come in lots of colors, you could build up your color collection over time.

https://www.amazon.com/Spandex.....;th=1

I just made a Simcha and the party planner nixed those it seems they are passe lol no clue why but happy to save $

spikta

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 5:47 am
A woman in our community has a simcha gmach with a lot of different serving pieces as well as things for styling the event: Picture frames in neutral colors that you can put collages of the bar/bat mitzva kid that can stand up on a table. Cake stands, heightened trays, and wicker and wood crates, which you arrange your trays of food on. That way food isn't flat on the table, but served at different heights, it looks much nicer. Chalk boards in different sizes, to write what the food is, or just cute messages. Different styles of runners, vases in different sizes (mostly neutral glass). Cute wicker boxes to put plastic silverware in. If you go for decor items, neutrals are great - glass, wood, wicker, white, silver, gold... They can fit into any theme.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 6:25 am
Op spikta,

Thank you for all the useful and brilliant information you posted.

Can I trouble you to post contact details if you have them of this woman. I don't live in the USA so I imagine it will not be competition for her.
Thank you.

spikta

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 7:31 am
Unfortunately she doesn't want her details on the internet, but if you're in Israel found something similar (albeit at a larger scale), while googling. Search for "האוצר של צופיה". They have pictures of the items they have and how people used them on their facebook page.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics