Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Why collect if there is an organization exactly to prevent t
Previous  1  2

amother
Nasturtium

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 7:00 am
I do think there should be an ad campaign or an organization dedicated to encouraging and helping people get good, cheap life insurance. I got life insurance when I had my first baby and were locked in at $30 a month for me and $32 a month for my husband for 1 million dollar coverage. That is so affordable. I think if the affordability was publicized then more young people would get it.

That being said, it should not be used to judge people who have campaigns after a parents death! Never. You don’t know the details of why they didn’t have adequate coverage and it’s not your business. At that point we need to just step in and help the family out. But we should be trying to prevent this from happening to regular families who would have been able to get a cheap plan that would have prevented them from the shame of having a public campaign.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 7:02 am
amother DarkCyan wrote:
Areivim paid for my siblings weddings. They were amazing.

But everyday life was a struggle. With the life insurance money they had. Daily life is so expensive when you have kids.

Giving money for yesomin is one of the greatest tzedakahs. But please please don’t contribute. We will leave it for the people that care and want to give

I am an Areivim member. Are you saying that they don't give the money for day to day? Only for when the kids get married? What about for the surviving spouse?
I did read the terms and conditions when I signed up. I just want to hear from experience if you don't mind sharing.

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 7:06 am
amother Nasturtium wrote:
I do think there should be an ad campaign or an organization dedicated to encouraging and helping people get good, cheap life insurance. I got life insurance when I had my first baby and were locked in at $30 a month for me and $32 a month for my husband for 1 million dollar coverage. That is so affordable. I think if the affordability was publicized then more young people would get it.

That being said, it should not be used to judge people who have campaigns after a parents death! Never. You don’t know the details of why they didn’t have adequate coverage and it’s not your business. At that point we need to just step in and help the family out. But we should be trying to prevent this from happening to regular families who would have been able to get a cheap plan that would have prevented them from the shame of having a public campaign.

Locked in for how long? That's the key question.

Insurance is a business. They want to make money and beat the odds.

Most people can lock in for 20-30 years at that price. But not longer because insurances know the likelihood of paying out goes up every year.

But what happens to someone like me.
Trying to renew or get a new plan at 45 (because we have young children) is no longer affordable. More like $120-200 a month.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 7:42 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
Locked in for how long? That's the key question.

Insurance is a business. They want to make money and beat the odds.

Most people can lock in for 20-30 years at that price. But not longer because insurances know the likelihood of paying out goes up every year.

But what happens to someone like me.
Trying to renew or get a new plan at 45 (because we have young children) is no longer affordable. More like $120-200 a month.

That’s still reasonably affordable imo but it depends on your income and financial state.

Thanks for posting though, I’m going to extend my term policy so that it’s a 30 year policy instead of the 20 I have.

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 8:01 am
amother Nasturtium wrote:
That’s still reasonably affordable imo but it depends on your income and financial state.

Thanks for posting though, I’m going to extend my term policy so that it’s a 30 year policy instead of the 20 I have.

Saying $150 a month is affordable is kinda clueless.
Its definitely not the easy no biggie, especially when you're also paying big tuition and making bar mitzvahs and chasunas
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics