Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Ride
Previous  1  2

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:56 pm
That's a bit harsh.

Sounds like it might have been an honest misunderstanding....these things happen and OP is really nice for waiting.

Next time is to repeat several times when you expect them to be ready and make sure they understand.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 1:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
He didn’t realize we said we’re going to be leaving at 10…

AND didn't answer the phone when you called? Wow

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 1:32 pm
If it's a long distance ride that you agreed on way in advance is different than something not too far that you committed to this morning/ an hour ago.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 1:39 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
If it's a long distance ride that you agreed on way in advance is different than something not too far that you committed to this morning/ an hour ago.

Exactly it was long distance, if it was local I would probably have left as they can always then take a taxi. But they were relying on us for long distance..

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 4:08 pm
I say you already went above and beyond!!

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 4:32 pm
amother Brickred wrote:

It is not ok to take advantage and leave people waiting & ignore their phone calls, even if it's long distance. Not an excuse.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 4:49 pm
If the time given was “around 10” instead of specifically 10, then it’s entirely possible the person was ready around 10 and figured when OP was ready to leave they would call to have them head over there.

So I understand it could really have been a miscommunication issue and neither party was at fault

The part that is strange though is that they didn’t answer right away and took time to be reached. Curious as well what their explanation was for that

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 5:58 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
It is not ok to take advantage and leave people waiting & ignore their phone calls, even if it's long distance. Not an excuse.

ESPECIALLY if it's long distance. The op needs to go!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 6:38 pm
I remember being suprised in the past when running into situations where individuals aren't as structured, maybe considerate or detail oriented as I am about things like this.

some people's personalities are more, fluid? : ) laid back, go with the flow, sometimes really, really nice people, but it could be so frustrating for me.

I've become more assertive where it seems warranted, nice but very assertive & clear. Hindsight is 20 20, but knowing ahead if time, in a case like this I'd prob call, & text "we're so happy to give you a ride, but just as a heads up we're leaving at 10 sharp, so just if you're okay with that. Does that work for you?"
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette