Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
DS becoming more moody, depressed (trigger warning)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 1:18 am
His main baseline emotion is anger. Ever since he was in elementary school. He’s been to therapists and psychiatrists. For a little while he was on SSRIs but the benefit always wore off after a few months.

He doesn’t try to hurt people in anger but will yell/scream obscenities if something frustrates him.

He has told me before while he was angry (or upset) that he just wants to go speeding into a brick wall. He is overwhelmed with hopelessness at that moment and he is convinced life has no point for him.

He refuses to see a psychiatrist or consider taking medication now. He did start with a therapist this year but I’m not seeing much progress. I’m davening so much for him.

I’m constantly worried that he is barely hanging on to reality sometimes. Like a disappointment is blown into the “end of the world” for him.

He does have good times but I think his bad feelings can be so intense that they collectively outweigh the good times.

I feel like it’s a matter of time before he does something rash and ends his own life, cv’s. I feel it in my bones. It's my worst nightmare that I can’t help but ruminate on. But he is not actively suicidal. It’s just that he has recurring moments that have potential which I’m reminded of more frequently and persistently.

I don’t expect any answers here. I just needed to write this down as a way to process.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 2:02 am
I'm so sorry. It must be so hard for you to see him in so much pain and you can't help him. Iyh he should get better very soon.

amother
Wandflower

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 2:31 am
Ask him to please do it for his future, so he can have a family one day and kids, and they grow up with a healthy father and a good role model.

amother
Magnolia

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 5:25 am
Would he and you be open to trying homeopathy ?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 8:35 am
amother Magnolia wrote:
Would he and you be open to trying homeopathy ?

Like what? I doubt he will take it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children