Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Vent. I hate blowout diapers.
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 8:09 pm
What is a blowout diaper (yes I have kids)?

Shoshana Rose

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 12:43 am
When the diaper is generous and shares it's contents.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 1:10 am
Just had a big one! My 4 month old woke up at midnight crying. She leaked through her diaper, pjs, and sleep sack! I needed to throw her in the bath to get her fully clean. So fun…

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 3:44 am
Shoshana Rose wrote:

Lol love this definition! I suspected this is what it meant.
How about when a soaked diaper actually pops and the absorbant material is all over your floor? What do you call that? Happened to us once.

isrmss91

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 6:45 am
amother Periwinkle wrote:
How about when a soaked diaper actually pops and the absorbant material is all over your floor? What do you call that? Happened to us once.

You must have left the baby with an unchanged diaper a bit too long, or give bottles before bedtime. Blowouts involve poop. Mushy & stinky poopy, that leaks over everywhere spilling over the sides or out of the back. Sorry for the TMI.

salt

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 6:54 am

That sounds like a blow-up diaper!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 8:25 am
isrmss91 wrote:
You must have left the baby with an unchanged diaper a bit too long, or give bottles before bedtime. Blowouts involve poop. Mushy & stinky poopy, that leaks over everywhere spilling over the sides or out of the back. Sorry for the TMI.

Those are some pretty big assumptions to make just because I said it happened ONCE. And wrong by the way too Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 8:59 am
Shoshana Rose wrote:

This is a very elegantly worded definition! Love it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 9:02 am
amother Smokey wrote:
Just had a big one! My 4 month old woke up at midnight crying. She leaked through her diaper, pjs, and sleep sack! I needed to throw her in the bath to get her fully clean. So fun…

Oh no!! I’m so sorry. Aside from having to do bathtime at midnight (or other fun times like 3 am 🤪), what bugs me is having to do a load of baby bedding laundry in the middle of the night. Fun fact, if you get an extra mattress protector and extra sheets, you can layer them on the mattress so you just have to pull off the top layer (poopified sheet and mattress protector) and voila, you have the other mattress cover and a clean sheet underneath, already on the mattress.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 9:03 am

Soaked with urine, no poop? Not sure I would call that a blowout, but it definitely deserves its own defining title!

Pop-out? Gush-out? Flow-out?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 9:50 am
Rahhhhh DC just had yet another blow-out! His first poopy diaper of the day was nice and contained. Not so much this one. Then he literally put his foot in it. Mad

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jun 23 2023, 2:57 am

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 5:08 pm
OP here. Want to say a groisse yasher koach to the posters who recommended double-diapering DC with a regular size diaper and one a size larger. It has made such a difference!! Thank you! You should be gebentched b’chol milei d’maytav!!!

amother
Geranium

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 5:33 pm

Happened to us more than once. It's called a Diaper Explosion, and usually it's partially because of a manufacturing flaw (the absorbent pellets are not sealed well enough inside the diaper). We got a few from the same bag of diapers and then none since. They are AWFUL and will be all over the place!

A diaper that is so wet that it wets their clothes is known as a soakout.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 5:35 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
Happened to us more than once. It's called a Diaper Explosion, and usually it's partially because of a manufacturing flaw (the absorbent pellets are not sealed well enough inside the diaper). We got a few from the same bag of diapers and then none since. They are AWFUL and will be all over the place!

A diaper that is so wet that it wets their clothes is known as a soakout.

Good to know!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 6:09 pm
OP here. Argh DS has had major blowout diapers the past couple of days. Yes, we double diaper him with the next size up for overnight or when he has a nap. Bright and early Shabbos morning… feces everywhere, the crib, all over himself… We gave him a “Shabbos bath,” mixing hot water from the urn with water from the sink, so it wouldn’t be too cold for him, got him washed off, got him dressed, things finally settled down… DH went to shul… And then we had round two. I get that blowout diapers might be a kapara. But can they please please please not happen on Shabbos, Yom Tov, Tisha B’Av, or any other day that we’re not allowed to do laundry??
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics